How are you getting to the Cup Final?

On the City special train, quite well organised, comfy seats in first class. An old Inter City train. Right near the door though which makes that hissing sound when it opens and closes.
It's a little slower than the Avanti stuff.

An "Inter CITY 115"

National Express to London Victoria from Chippenham, Wiltshire. Sat next to a lady who used to work for HSBC Manchester and helped arrange finance for development of the Kippax stand, including Hospitality. She got to meet Francis Lee and said what a nice chap he was.

Thought the charter train was good and would do it again if we get to another final. Slower than the new trains but saved the hassle of getting from Euston. The wait til 7:40 was a bit of a pain but I guess they have to clear schedules with rail authorities and factored in extra time / penalties. Also gave time for a bit of food post game. The conga on the way back was fun as well !. Got into Picc a few mins early so managed to get an earlier bus home. The train seemed to be a train spotters delight given the amount of people taking videos at every station we went through.
Not in G coach were you? Oh and for a dry train everyone was pissed by 11am

6.40 service from Stockport, loads of room, hardly any rags, Euston just after 9am, walk down to Camden, decent breakfast then a rooftop bar for a few pints, then the Liqueur Station for another.
Straight out of the ground on the final whistle, Wembley Park- Euston, managed to get the 17.45, never saw a rag, back on Edgeley for 20.20, full of rags ballooning like they'd conquered Europe, 1 swift pint and an Uber home.
Perfect day apart from the obvious.

I was surprised how many of them were on our train down. I would say 80/20 split in their favour. The young ones proper gobby little shits (and some older ones who should know better), which was a continuous theme throughout the day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.