How are you getting to the Cup Final?

I always enjoy the coach to Wembley having a drink and a bit of a sing. The way back is always horrible. Everyone all sung out by the time you get out of the car park, then takes forever getting home seems like you have been on it a week by the time you get to Manchester. And this is when we have won.
Same mate, terrific heading down there, few beers, great singing but coming back, even when we win its just totally different, wish I was one of them that could snooze all the way home, wake up and see the sign for our junction lol.

The train unions still have time to put a great big spanner in a lot of people's plans. They have to give a minimum 14 days notice of strike action so once everybody has bought a ticket they could call a strike for that weekend. As there is a cup final and it's a bank holiday as well I'd say there's a very good chance they will.

The train unions still have time to put a great big spanner in a lot of people's plans. They have to give a minimum 14 days notice of strike action so once everybody has bought a ticket they could call a strike for that weekend. As there is a cup final and it's a bank holiday as well I'd say there's a very good chance they will.
Blooming heck Paul you’re not the most optimistic lol. Mind you I think you’re probably right!

They’re on strike on the 8th May. Looking at the previous dates, there doesn’t ever appear to be two separate lots of action in the same month. Presumably to avoid the staff getting hit twice in the same pay packet.

So I’m a bit more hopeful.

Incredible scheduling to have a rugby final same day (and now virtually same time) a few miles away at WHL, I wonder when the finalists for that will be known - could add to transport issues if it's a Northern team/teams...

Drive. Park near Bakerloo Line station at Harrow & Wealdstone. Bakerloo Line to Wembley Central and 10 min walk down the High Road to the West end of the stadium

Blooming heck Paul you’re not the most optimistic lol. Mind you I think you’re probably right!

Prepare for the worst but hope for the best is my motto. If I was a striker or union officials hoping for the maximum effect and publicity that weekend is the perfect storm. I will always support the workers but I fear they're flogging a dead horse with the train companies and this government. Since when did either of those give two fucks about the general.pubkic? As @Stephen230 says the saving grace may be they've called one already for this month.

They’re on strike on the 8th May. Looking at the previous dates, there doesn’t ever appear to be two separate lots of action in the same month. Presumably to avoid the staff getting hit twice in the same pay packet.

So I’m a bit more hopeful.
Yep.
There won't be a strike called 2 days after the last one. And the strikes are now different train companies staggered over a few days (rather than all on the same day as it was last year)

Incredible scheduling to have a rugby final same day (and now virtually same time) a few miles away at WHL, I wonder when the finalists for that will be known - could add to transport issues if it's a Northern team/teams...
Leinster v Toulouse is the big favourite.

There are normally loads of footy games on in London on a Saturday. It should cope.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.