How bad was Marriner last night

Vic said:
mad4city said:
As for Negredo's disallowed goal, the linesman was on the wrong side, in fairness but, that said, poor call
"on the wrong side"? The player he gave offside was on his side, but there's no right side or wrong side in offside.

You are of course correct. Most people who follow the game and regularly discuss it, would be well aware of what I meant by "wrong side" but, in a thread where I, myself, have contributed to highlighting grammatical inconsistency, you have seized upon a dialectic irregularity. Who am I to argue with such profound insight?
Congratulations.
F**k knows where we'd be if you hadn't pointed out the bleeding obvious.

A couple of times he seemed to look away quickly and pretend he'd seen nothing rather than grow a pair.

Only watched the game live on the South bank but Yaya looked a certain pen ...why would you go down when through and certain to score? The handball one was perhaps a bit iffy ....

blue b4 the moon said:
A couple of times he seemed to look away quickly and pretend he'd seen nothing rather than grow a pair.

Only watched the game live on the South bank but Yaya looked a certain pen ...why would you go down when through and certain to score? The handball one was perhaps a bit iffy ....
Zabba should have had a pen in the second minute after a clumsy Taylor challenge right in front of the dick Mariner followed by YaYa's, the handball was not a pen, just as the spuds one the day before wasn't

Vic said:
M24 Citizen said:
I knew them fucking about with the offside rule would just cause further confusion (or in this case, a rag linesman's open interpretation to the rules), it didn't need to be changed, this interfering with play by eye sight bollocks only came in after Newcastle scored a goal against the rags (I know, it MUST be foul play surely).
"by eye sight"? Where's that come from?

“interfering with play” means playing or touching the ball passed or touched by a team-mate
“interfering with an opponent” means preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s
line of vision or challenging an opponent for the ball

“gaining an advantage by being in that position” means playing a ball
i. that rebounds or is deflected to him off the goalpost, crossbar or an opponent having been in an offside position
ii. that rebounds, is deflected or is played to him from a deliberate save by an opponent having been in an offside position

Nowt's really changed for years - just it's appalling English.

E.g. take "an opponent having been in an offside position" - "having been in an offside position" applies to the player playing the ball, not the opponent!

That's the one I meant. It just leaves the rule open to interpretation for officials. It's not black and white.

I've said a few times that we ain't going to change the bias we face for being the most likely team to destroy thier cash cow. All we can do is score enough goals for it not to matter. that's exactly what we did.

well done city.

What I would be interested in if it can be done is how many dodgy decisions are given for and against United Chelsea and City over the season

So far
City 4 against - 3 penalty shouts and 1 goal incorrectly disallowed
Chelsea 3 for - 1 penalty shout against not given, 1 sending off not given and 1 offside goal given

Coleridge's, 'The Ancient Mariner,' was published to universal acclaim and is still often used as an exam set text - I feel that Ric has rather unfairly removed from this thread my incipient masterpiece, 'The Loathsome Marriner,' on the grounds that it could be libellous and also incite people to violence.

Title could be related to the ref last night. Shocking that Ivanovic wasnt giving a straight red and the "Thugs" hand ball at the end wasn't penalised. Both were right in front of him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.