How bad was Marriner last night

Caveman said:
Barcon said:
Caveman said:
Just watched the whole 90mins back and the officials were okay really. Having seen the replays of the Yaya penalty claim (which I thought was a stone-Waller at the game) I thought he dropped to the floor easy as fuck.

Negredo was nowhere near offside but other than that the officials were fine.

Nothing ok about throwing yellow cards around left right and center for no reason.
The only unjustified yellow all game was Edin's. Fernandinho's was a yellow as were the Newcastle three and it was a sending off. 5 yellow cards in a game is hardly throwing them around left right and centre, haha.

Haha.

hertsblue said:
So bad he deserves his own thread.
Truly shocking display and the fact we had 3 penalties turned down including 2 stone wall penalties has been buried due to us winning 4-0 and it not having a baring on the result but come on, incorrect calls 3 times in key decisions, 4 if you include the other official.
Don't blame him for the disallowed goal at the end as that's the linesman's error but question is would he have turned those down at the Swamp for Utd.

spot on, fucking joke.

Highlights: At the game they are not allowed to put contentious decisions on replay. Wondering if this is the same for official club websites as they only seem to put up video that confirms that the ref's decision was right.

Dzeko booking: They were both acting like stupid twats and deserved it, the bookings should have had the effect of calming things down but it all went haywire for a while with stupid tackles and the ref losing it, booking everyone that made a challenge. There had been hardly any fouls before the Dzeko incident.

Yaya pen: Why do some think that a 'big lad' has this miraculous ability to not get pushed over and then scoff when he goes down. A foul's a foul, players shouldn't have to go down to get a free kick, we all know that some do go down a bit easy though (Yaya being one) and it's a contact sport so I'm sat on the fence on the pen.

If he didn't give a pen then why was Yaya not booked for diving? : The ref was not fully convinced that it was a pen, he doesn't get a replay. It's also unclear to him whether Yaya took an easy fall, result- give nothing.

Handball: From where I was just saw ball hit his hand, not seen replay.
Negredo: Could see from middle of 3rd tier that he was onside.

Refs get 94% of decisions right: That seems good doesn't it? Don't forget that many of those are easy decisions where it's obvious, so it's 94% of all decisions, not 94% of contentious ones. How do we measure what is a contentious decision? We can'. The '94% right' is pretty meaningless.

My fucking word. Have just seen the replay of the Negredo goal (missed it at the game because I had my face in a pie and Nasri took it quick).

How is that ever possibly offside? None of our players are offside, aaannd the keeper saves it first, and Negredo runs onto it from way behind the line. I knew them fucking about with the offside rule would just cause further confusion (or in this case, a rag linesman's open interpretation to the rules), it didn't need to be changed, this interfering with play by eye sight bollocks only came in after Newcastle scored a goal against the rags (I know, it MUST be foul play surely).

Really wound me up that (if you can't tell). I really wanted it to be 5-0 at the game and for Negredo to get a debut goal.

Why can't your 7 cameras tell you when someones offside because you obviously can't do it yourselves you tossers.

27808-Grumpy-Cat-Hooman-stahp-gif-JQNT.gif

M24 Citizen said:
I knew them fucking about with the offside rule would just cause further confusion (or in this case, a rag linesman's open interpretation to the rules), it didn't need to be changed, this interfering with play by eye sight bollocks only came in after Newcastle scored a goal against the rags (I know, it MUST be foul play surely).
"by eye sight"? Where's that come from?

“interfering with play” means playing or touching the ball passed or touched by a team-mate
“interfering with an opponent” means preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s
line of vision or challenging an opponent for the ball
“gaining an advantage by being in that position” means playing a ball
i. that rebounds or is deflected to him off the goalpost, crossbar or an opponent having been in an offside position
ii. that rebounds, is deflected or is played to him from a deliberate save by an opponent having been in an offside position

Nowt's really changed for years - just it's appalling English.

E.g. take "an opponent having been in an offside position" - "having been in an offside position" applies to the player playing the ball, not the opponent!

Vic said:
M24 Citizen said:
I knew them fucking about with the offside rule would just cause further confusion (or in this case, a rag linesman's open interpretation to the rules), it didn't need to be changed, this interfering with play by eye sight bollocks only came in after Newcastle scored a goal against the rags (I know, it MUST be foul play surely).
"by eye sight"? Where's that come from?

“interfering with play” means playing or touching the ball passed or touched by a team-mate
“interfering with an opponent” means preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s
line of vision or challenging an opponent for the ball
“gaining an advantage by being in that position” means playing a ball
i. that rebounds or is deflected to him off the goalpost, crossbar or an opponent having been in an offside position
ii. that rebounds, is defl ected or is played to him from a deliberate save by an opponent having been in an offside position

Nowt's really changed for years - just it's appalling English.

E.g. take "an opponent having been in an offside position" - "having been in an offside position" applies to the player playing the ball, not the opponent!

You are correct, sir. Which begs the question...
Are these rules still drafted at Cambridge University?

As for the ref:

I missed the Zabba incident completely, so I won't comment.
Yaya was fouled. Nothing was given. This has been the way, inside & outside of the box, ever sine he got here. Christ knows why.
Taylor's "handball" would have been harsh. Handball has to be deliberate. Kun wasn't but a few feet away when he lashed it. Taylor had no chance to get out of the way. You could argue that his hand was in an "unnatural position" but I'm not ata all convinced that it was.
The red-card was a good call.
As for Negredo's disallowed goal, the linesman was on the wrong side, in fairness but, that said, poor call

He was poor. Standard has to improve no matter how much you can argue he was 'alright'.

mad4city said:
As for Negredo's disallowed goal, the linesman was on the wrong side, in fairness but, that said, poor call
"on the wrong side"? The player he gave offside was on his side, but there's no right side or wrong side in offside.

He was pretty poor and, to be fair to Newcastle he was harsh on them as well, obviously not to the extent that we were impeded but still. One of my least favourite refs is Marriner and it appears he still hasn't improved from last season either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.