How bad was Marriner last night

malg said:
BibbyBlue85 said:
york away to this! said:
How come the OS does not show the disallowed "goals" or the pen shouts in the highlights?...

agenda?

The highlights as a whole are poorly put together. They used to be fluid but the highlights from last night are extremely poorly edited. You can even hear another commentator in the background. Shoddy compared to previous standards
Those highlights deserve their own thread. I've just watched them, and they are far from the highlights of that match. Whoever put that together needs fucking shooting, or maybe even sacked!

I was going to start a thread on it pal but couldn't be arsed with the "only thing to moan at" brigade lol. They are shocking though compared to what we are used to. I'm actually amazed the website head guy allowed them to be put up

Just watched the whole 90mins back and the officials were okay really. Having seen the replays of the Yaya penalty claim (which I thought was a stone-Waller at the game) I thought he dropped to the floor easy as fuck.

Negredo was nowhere near offside but other than that the officials were fine.

Caveman said:
Just watched the whole 90mins back and the officials were okay really. Having seen the replays of the Yaya penalty claim (which I thought was a stone-Waller at the game) I thought he dropped to the floor easy as fuck.

Ive not watched the full 90 mins again but can confirm he got nearly all the big decisions wrong last night and that the linesman needs fucking glasses.

I thought Marriner was good tbf. There was one decision where he allowed advantage for Newcastle, they overran it and then he called it back for them which I thought was incorrect, but aside from that I don't really recall him making any other dubious decisions (which is normally a good indicator if you can't remember).

His linesman on the East Stand was incorrect on the Negredo goal, but again, apart from that he didn't have to do that much.

Just my opinion of course, but I didn't think any of them were "bad" per se.

Caveman said:

Nothing ok about throwing yellow cards around left right and center for no reason.

Barcon said:
Caveman said:

Nothing ok about throwing yellow cards around left right and center for no reason.
The only unjustified yellow all game was Edin's. Fernandinho's was a yellow as were the Newcastle three and it was a sending off. 5 yellow cards in a game is hardly throwing them around left right and centre, haha.

How can you throw yellow cards round like confetti for nothing challenges outside the box, but give
nothing for 2 definate trips in the box. Alright Yaya went down easy, but he was pushed and tripped
by a defender on the wrong side. Also Zabba's would have been a free kick anywhere else on the pitch.

They are both fouls irrespective of how strong the challenges were. When moving at speed it doesn't
take a lot to move someone off the ball.

Gutted to not have the nicely rounded 5-0 rightfully and a debut goal for Negredo.

We've had a few dodgy linesmen disallow perfectly good goals now (most annoying the Ajax game which would have been a mighty comeback to win). If they get it wrong they are clearly just guessing (or rag twats)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.