How bad was Marriner last night

He was absolutely awful last night !! i went up with a mate whos a newcastke fan, even he said how they didnt have 2 or 3 sent off and 2 penalties against is beyond him !

i really dont know how they can get away with it, if i was that poor at my job then i would have been sacked a long time ago.

I thought Marriner had a really bad game last night. - and I was surprised that he didn't Red card Dzeko and their full back for pushing each other in the chest - 2 or 3 times.
Last season some players were shown a Red for similar offence. Just a thought.!!

yaya penalty and debuchy off for denial of clear goal scoring opportunity. he's running at full pace, if someone shoves you directly in the back, however lightly, it's extremely hard to keep your balance.
aguero penalty. there's debate about this one but for me, taylor's arm ISN'T remotely close to parallel with his body, and the obviously on target shot clearly hits the outstretched part of his arm. (gets back into the question of deliberate / nondeliberate of course, but the trend in interpretation is unnatural arm positions etc)
taylor red. got this right. maybe he didn't straight up punch him but he rather obviously smacked the back of his head with his arm for absolutely no purpose. commentator said it should have been a yellow which was ridiculous—it's either accidental and not a foul or clearly and deliberately violent play.
negredo goal. on the linesman but really, this was a shocking decision. newcastle had two defenders (plus krul) inside the 6 yard box, which negredo was clearly outside of. hard to imagine a worse disallowed goal offside decision this year.

but what's new.

he was a bit off last night but id say barring the 2nd villa penalty this weekend, ive been impressed with the standard of officiating-they seemed to have ironed out a few issues pre season and fair play to them for doing so

andrewmswift said:
yaya penalty and debuchy off for denial of clear goal scoring opportunity. he's running at full pace, if someone shoves you directly in the back, however lightly, it's extremely hard to keep your balance.
aguero penalty. there's debate about this one but for me, taylor's arm ISN'T remotely close to parallel with his body, and the obviously on target shot clearly hits the outstretched part of his arm. (gets back into the question of deliberate / nondeliberate of course, but the trend in interpretation is unnatural arm positions etc)
taylor red. got this right. maybe he didn't straight up punch him but he rather obviously smacked the back of his head with his arm for absolutely no purpose. commentator said it should have been a yellow which was ridiculous—it's either accidental and not a foul or clearly and deliberately violent play.
negredo goal. on the linesman but really, this was a shocking decision. newcastle had two defenders (plus krul) inside the 6 yard box, which negredo was clearly outside of. hard to imagine a worse disallowed goal offside decision this year.

but what's new.

i think you're being very harsh on the lino there
have you ever tried being one?
it's not an easy thing to do, you make it sound like he's shit at his job

from his angle negredo is the closest player to him with the two newcastle players obscured from his view (much like the kevin nolan disallowed goal at upton park last season). the players moving in opposite directions and coming from a krul save make it especially hard for him to make the decision. yes he got it wrong but not exactly the 'shocker' some on here seem to claim

Not got a paper today but don't they usually mark the ref out of 10 as well.

Anyone that has bought a paper what did they give Marriner?

he was shocking tbh the only good decision he made it was sending taylor off..rest of tha we have 3-4 penalties and a fuking PERFECT GOAL who can see from the moon cancelled for offside???????/....

eshiers1 said:
i think you're being very harsh on the lino there
have you ever tried being one?
it's not an easy thing to do, you make it sound like he's shit at his job

No one forced him to become a referee/linesman.

Never doing the job has no relevance imo.

Easy or not, he is paid to get things right and on this occasion, he got it badly wrong and when its the only big call he gets to make in 90 mins, getting it so badly wrong leads many to believe he is yes, shit at his job!

Same old rubbish officiating and the fact that we won comfortably doesn't make it any more palatable.

Thought he failed to calm the players down which eventually lead to the needless bookings and once he booked Fernandinho for his first offence he didn't do himself any favours as he had to book other players for the same thing....

So many senseless yellow cards that didn't need to be, also thought Taylor's red card was harsh but then realised that the media and pundits slatted Clattenburg off for not sending Balotelli off and only issuing him a yellow against Villa for the same thing????

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.