How Bitter are the BITTERS!

5starkop said:
Do City fans have no pride anymore? Or was there a large influx of 'new' fans here since the takeover? Nearly 40 years in your neighbor's shadow, so desperate that now you have to BUY your success and see it as something to gloat about. So much for the people's club
rolleye.gif
thats because some of us have jobs, so we have to wait to buy , the tools to get on the internet, as apposed to you robbin scouse tossers...plastic RAGS, GET A JOB...

5tarkkop ill ask you the same question i hear when people tell me how many players are there for the money.

How many of your players play for free.

Also let me ask a further question where lpool are concerned. Why is johnson not on the same wages he was on at pompey if he is there for the love of the club, why have a number of your players signed new extended deals with improved terms if they arent there for the money, surely if they are they are at your great club for the ambition they would all have signed for the same terms?

TBH I think Liverpool would have loved to get Tevez and Barry. Your squad looks a bit thin up front especially since you got rid of Robbie Keane.

If you can get at least 40 games out of Gerrard and Torres then you will be challenging on all fronts, but you are vulnerable if they get hit by lengthy injuries to those two (I know it's a cliche and you've heard it hundreds of times before).

As for Us, I think we'll be dangerous next season, especially as we have no European commitments, we have a strong squad and great players sitting on the bench waiting to make an impact.

We haven't won anything yet though, buying players is the easy part (well, it is for us anyway)!

mancboy123 said:
5tarkkop ill ask you the same question i hear when people tell me how many players are there for the money.

How many of your players play for free.

Also let me ask a further question where lpool are concerned. Why is johnson not on the same wages he was on at pompey if he is there for the love of the club, why have a number of your players signed new extended deals with improved terms if they arent there for the money, surely if they are they are at your great club for the ambition they would all have signed for the same terms?

They are professional players they are paid to do what they do, but they are not attracted by the money. Johnson given a wage rise because he earned it, he was head and shoulders above everyone else at Pompey he deserved a better deal. He turned down Chelsea to come to us.

Bottom line is sometimes they deserve an improved contract by earning it through performances or loyalty but very rarely do we use money to lure them here or convince them to stay.

Let me put it this way, Chelsea became a top club through circumstances similar to yours but instead of going straight for the marquee players they hired an up and coming, young talented manager in Mourinho, and signed a lot of exciting talents on the verge of breaking through but haven't made it yet. Robben, Essien are examples of this. Look what happened when they overpaid for Shevchenko. Maybe you should be thinking of looking at a different manager and different approach, then act like some Dubai or Qatari club that signs players so the Sheikh can have face when fine dining with his tycoon friends.

He says he turned down chelski to come to you, chelski had him and let him go. In your opinion you say he was head and shoulders above anyone at pmpey and thats enuff, doesnt mean its true.

If you dont use money to convince them to stay surely there would be no necessity for improved terms especially when the debt held by the club is increasing rapidly? If they were staying there purely for the love of the club they would not be seeking increased terms because by doing that they are hurting the club.

They signed a title and european cup winning manager hardly up and coming who paid large amounts for players who were well established in other leagues im sorry but just because the english press wasnt aware of them doesnt mean they hadnt made a name for themselves in other leagues, essien, drogba, carvalho and robben were all signed for over 10m and in some cases 20m because they were well established international players.

I think if you look at the names we have signed we have done the same.

Maybe you need to ask yourselves why your manager after spending nearly 250m still couldnt go poast united when they were playing awfully last season?

So I email my mate a picture of our new home shirt with Tevez 32 on the back.

His reply was:

'Is that 32 missing a '£' and an 'm'? Overpriced for a 'try-hard'. Good luck with your team of strikers.'

I replied

'ahhh don't get that red devil g-string in a twist ;) try hard?! tried hard and was s-american player of the year 3 times. I'm sure you said you prefer him to Berbaflop....'

ColinBall said:
TBH I think Liverpool would have loved to get Tevez and Barry. Your squad looks a bit thin up front especially since you got rid of Robbie Keane.

If you can get at least 40 games out of Gerrard and Torres then you will be challenging on all fronts, but you are vulnerable if they get hit by lengthy injuries to those two (I know it's a cliche and you've heard it hundreds of times before).

As for Us, I think we'll be dangerous next season, especially as we have no European commitments, we have a strong squad and great players sitting on the bench waiting to make an impact.

We haven't won anything yet though, buying players is the easy part (well, it is for us anyway)!
HI SON HOWS IT GOING?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.