How can the manager lift morale?

its all about temwork, being a family pulling together for same targets, from the shiek to the tea lady & we the fans can have a huge influence, the needs of the many are greater than the the needs of the one, onwards & upwards, use the force, COME ON CITY lets wipe the floor with scouse.

bellamyblue said:
BibbyBlue85 said:
Its a tough one mate. I can see the morale is low myself and can't put my finger on why. I think the semi loss has left us deflated. We were using the same system away to Wolves and at home to Blackburn and Stoke (mancini's first game) and it worked really well but since the defeat in the semi we have looked so low it's unreal. Maybe the game on Sunday will blow the cobwebs away and we can get our confidence back in time for Chelsea and Spurs.

I'm sorry mate, but your wrong about the Wolves game...they were all over us like a rash he had to change the shape of the team before we started to take control...he used that stupid 'tip-tap' football & it didn't work. Wolves were like an onslaught...

We won 3 - 0 end of debate.

Didsbury Dave said:
It is my belief that morale is very low in the City camp at the moment. The change of manager, the stories of Mancini being a fill-in, losing the cup semi, some unglamourous ties, a string of dull performances, the inexplicable exclusion of quality players and also the constant system changes.

I may be wrong but I don't believe so. I think the players look confused and unhappy on the park. You can read their body language when passes go astray or there are no options to hit. I think the subs look frustrated on the bench. I think the individual performances are often substandard.

So what do we do about this? Wat should Mancini do? Any suggestions to get us playing like a team?

Change of captain would be the most logical answer, it might just galvanise the team - I will be extremely interested to see if Vince is fit for selection at the weekend as it could well prove to be the defining decision for Bob to remove Toure from the side.

I do though wonder whether Bob will bottle the decision by playing Vince in midfield in place of Vieira, considering how well Vince has played since Xmas at centre half it would be madness to not give him and Lescott an airing.

Rammy Blue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
It is my belief that morale is very low in the City camp at the moment. The change of manager, the stories of Mancini being a fill-in, losing the cup semi, some unglamourous ties, a string of dull performances, the inexplicable exclusion of quality players and also the constant system changes.

I may be wrong but I don't believe so. I think the players look confused and unhappy on the park. You can read their body language when passes go astray or there are no options to hit. I think the subs look frustrated on the bench. I think the individual performances are often substandard.

So what do we do about this? Wat should Mancini do? Any suggestions to get us playing like a team?

Change of captain would be the most logical answer, it might just galvanise the team - I will be extremely interested to see if Vince is fit for selection at the weekend as it could well prove to be the defining decision for Bob to remove Toure from the side.

I do though wonder whether Bob will bottle the decision by playing Vince in midfield in place of Vieira, considering how well Vince has played since Xmas at centre half it would be madness to not give him and Lescott an airing.

Now there's a whole new thread in that very post, Rammy.

Hughes made a stupid decision appointing Toure as captain.

If Toure starts ahead of Kompany I'll be furious. And I can see it happening, I don't trust his judgement.

Who should be captain? Barry? Bridge? Bellamy, daft as it sounds?

I don't know who is a natural leader to be honest but it has to be an automatic starter.

Didsbury Dave said:
Marvin said:
how about the fans get behind the team, and do what fans are supposed to do?

Aha. It's our fault of course.
Didn't say it was. I said the supporters can lift the team. At the moment all I see at the grounds is silence, nervous tension, and on here moaning

Didsbury Dave said:
Rammy Blue said:

Now there's a whole new thread in that very post, Rammy.

Hughes made a stupid decision appointing Toure as captain.

If Toure starts ahead of Kompany I'll be furious. And I can see it happening, I don't trust his judgement.

Who should be captain? Barry? Bridge? Bellamy, daft as it sounds?

I don't know who is a natural leader to be honest but it has to be an automatic starter.

Funnily enough someone has already started a captaincy thread.

Only one choice for me, Vince.

hgblue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I wonder what Brian Clough would do?

Pick the right players in the right positions and make them feel like world beaters I guess.

Brian Clough would have stuck two fingers up at the muppets that were on Robinho's case, and stated publicly that he was 100% behind his best player. He would have given him games to fully recover from his injury problem and regain match fitness, and by now we'd have a fit and firing Robinho ready to unleash at the scousers. This would have improved morale around the place no end. As it is we look forward to fielding three defensive midfielders, with the likes of Stevie Ireland and SWP sat on the bench looking miserable.

get over him, he's gone!

The worst thing that can happen for a manager is for him to lose the dressing room ( or never have it in the first place) so I hope that isn't an issue with Mancini. There may be the odd player not too happy cos he isn't playing but that's a different thing.

So hopefully the only reason for low morale , if it actually exsists within the team now,is down to not playing at their best and not winning enough matches. So the solutions are simple to see but harder to achieve. Beating Pool should go a long long way to bringing the smile back to everybodys face , players and fans alike.

Mancini I am sure has a plan even if we are struggling to see it. I hope the players know what it is and are on board with it and we start to the signs on Sunday

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.