How can the manager lift morale?

charliebigspuds said:
Didsbury Dave said:
It is my belief that morale is very low in the City camp at the moment. The change of manager, the stories of Mancini being a fill-in, losing the cup semi, some unglamourous ties, a string of dull performances, the inexplicable exclusion of quality players and also the constant system changes.

I may be wrong but I don't believe so. I think the players look confused and unhappy on the park. You can read their body language when passes go astray or there are no options to hit. I think the subs look frustrated on the bench. I think the individual performances are often substandard.

So what do we do about this? Wat should Mancini do? Any suggestions to get us playing like a team?
I honestly believe that Mancini is out of his depth in the Premier and is unable to 'get a grip' of whats required to succeed in it, Serie A it is not. And I think the players know it, Prestwich Blue's suggestion seems correct.
Playing Bingo you mean?

bluefoever said:
It's conspiracy theory, but I think that some players won't be happy to see City in CL. This means that they will probably be dropped as new "stars" would arrive. The like of Toure, Adebayor, Petrov, SWP and even Ireland would probably lose their status. It's a theory!!
Number 6 I think young man!

1. A set of statements or principles devised to explain a group of facts or phenomena, especially one that has been repeatedly tested or is widely accepted and can be used to make predictions about natural phenomena.
2. The branch of a science or art consisting of its explanatory statements, accepted principles, and methods of analysis, as opposed to practice: a fine musician who had never studied theory.
3. A set of theorems that constitute a systematic view of a branch of mathematics.
4. Abstract reasoning; speculation: a decision based on experience rather than theory.
5. A belief or principle that guides action or assists comprehension or judgment: staked out the house on the theory that criminals usually return to the scene of the crime.
6. An assumption based on limited information or knowledge; a conjecture.

Im wondering just how much truth there is in the rumours stating that Manini is only here till the summer.
If it is true, then that in itself throws up a whole host of problems and answers the question.

Mancini may have felt very confiedent taking on what on paper appeared to be an excellent squad of players. Now they are struggling to perform, maybe he realises that may have been a mistake on his own part, particularly after being able to spend so little in January and the only noteable addition to the squad being a left/right mf, positions that were never really top of our 'urgent buys' list.

So he knows he going, he hasnt got the players he needs to make the impact he was hoping for and it must now be difficult finding any inspiration with performance not going well. Now, our players may be giving us 50% of their capabilities at the moment but if they suspect that Mancini is going and regardless of how they perform, he will not be around much longer to work with them to take the club forward, than all of a sudden we have an almost perfect storm brewing and no chance of any sunshine untill summer brings in the new man.

And these rumours are also rife amongst fans and they too may be feeling that sense of instability concerning RM and that in itself will have a depressing effect on the terraces.

Now this is only my theory if indeed Mancini is only here for 6 months, and in answer to the thread title, in these circumstances there would be very little he could do to lift morale.

Cheltblue said:
Im wondering just how much truth there is in the rumours stating that Manini is only here till the summer.
If it is true, then that in itself throws up a whole host of problems and answers the question.

Mancini may have felt very confiedent taking on what on paper appeared to be an excellent squad of players. Now they are struggling to perform, maybe he realises that may have been a mistake on his own part, particularly after being able to spend so little in January and the only noteable addition to the squad being a left/right mf, positions that were never really top of our 'urgent buys' list.

So he knows he going, he hasnt got the players he needs to make the impact he was hoping for and it must now be difficult finding any inspiration with performance not going well. Now, our players may be giving us 50% of their capabilities at the moment but if they suspect that Mancini is going and regardless of how they perform, he will not be around much longer to work with them to take the club forward, than all of a sudden we have an almost perfect storm brewing and no chance of any sunshine untill summer brings in the new man.

And these rumours are also rife amongst fans and they too may be feeling that sense of instability concerning RM and that in itself will have a depressing effect on the terraces.

Now this is only my theory if indeed Mancini is only here for 6 months, and in answer to the thread title, in these circumstances there would be very little he could do to lift morale.

This is much more likely than the other conspiracy theory imo.

hgblue said:
This is much more likely than the other conspiracy theory imo.

Yeh, lets face it, a lot of these players came to us with the ambition of playing CL football. So why play below par when they would know their own chance of CL football will be shot?? Footballers are very ambitious and the best one would love to play alongside even better ones, not prevent them coming here.

charliebigspuds said:
Didsbury Dave said:
It is my belief that morale is very low in the City camp at the moment. The change of manager, the stories of Mancini being a fill-in, losing the cup semi, some unglamourous ties, a string of dull performances, the inexplicable exclusion of quality players and also the constant system changes.

I may be wrong but I don't believe so. I think the players look confused and unhappy on the park. You can read their body language when passes go astray or there are no options to hit. I think the subs look frustrated on the bench. I think the individual performances are often substandard.

So what do we do about this? Wat should Mancini do? Any suggestions to get us playing like a team?
I honestly believe that Mancini is out of his depth in the Premier and is unable to 'get a grip' of whats required to succeed in it, Serie A it is not. And I think the players know it, Prestwich Blue's suggestion seems correct.

Maybe this will answer a few questions Dave?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/137/england/2010/02/19/1797271/roberto-mancini-risks-losing-the-manchester-city-dressing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/137/e ... y-dressing</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.