How can the manager lift morale?

Didsbury Dave said:
It is my belief that morale is very low in the City camp at the moment. The change of manager, the stories of Mancini being a fill-in, losing the cup semi, some unglamourous ties, a string of dull performances, the inexplicable exclusion of quality players and also the constant system changes.

I may be wrong but I don't believe so. I think the players look confused and unhappy on the park. You can read their body language when passes go astray or there are no options to hit. I think the subs look frustrated on the bench. I think the individual performances are often substandard.

So what do we do about this? Wat should Mancini do? Any suggestions to get us playing like a team?
I honestly believe that Mancini is out of his depth in the Premier and is unable to 'get a grip' of whats required to succeed in it, Serie A it is not. And I think the players know it, Prestwich Blue's suggestion seems correct.

Rammy Blue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Now there's a whole new thread in that very post, Rammy.

Hughes made a stupid decision appointing Toure as captain.

If Toure starts ahead of Kompany I'll be furious. And I can see it happening, I don't trust his judgement.

Who should be captain? Barry? Bridge? Bellamy, daft as it sounds?

I don't know who is a natural leader to be honest but it has to be an automatic starter.

Funnily enough someone has already started a captaincy thread.

Only one choice for me, Vince.
Vince or Barry for me.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
The worst thing that can happen for a manager is for him to lose the dressing room ( or never have it in the first place) so I hope that isn't an issue with Mancini. There may be the odd player not too happy cos he isn't playing but that's a different thing.

So hopefully the only reason for low morale , if it actually exsists within the team now,is down to not playing at their best and not winning enough matches. So the solutions are simple to see but harder to achieve. Beating Pool should go a long long way to bringing the smile back to everybodys face , players and fans alike.

Mancini I am sure has a plan even if we are struggling to see it. I hope the players know what it is and are on board with it and we start to the signs on Sunday

Agree with most of that.

A couple of good performances would make all the difference. Would also give the manager more credibility with the team.

Sunday is huge. Can't wait.

It's conspiracy theory, but I think that some players won't be happy to see City in CL. This means that they will probably be dropped as new "stars" would arrive. The like of Toure, Adebayor, Petrov, SWP and even Ireland would probably lose their status. It's a theory!!

Didsbury Dave said:
The more I think about it, the more I am realising what a huge game this is on Sunday.

I think it will define the rest of the season.

A defeat will kill belief on and off the pitch and it could be a long slippery slope to the Europa League from there.

A win will invigorate everyone.

At least we've got over 40 points should be safe from the drop ?

bluefoever said:
It's conspiracy theory, but I think that some players won't be happy to see City in CL. This means that they will probably be dropped as new "stars" would arrive. The like of Toure, Adebayor, Petrov, SWP and even Ireland would probably lose their status. It's a theory!!

This is quite insightful.
Most teams that break into the CL don't have the money to upgrade the whole squad. We do. Those players who have failed to make an immediate impact on the new manager must surely wonder about their future at the club when we qualify. Of course they have contracts so financially there would be no short term effect for them but long term may be different.

Those players with enough belief in their own ability will be fighting to prove their long term value to the club. Those who know they are not up to the task will be protecting themselves in whatever way they see fit.

The manager will already know who has the quality required and who doesn't. He just needs to secure the CL spot this year and then we will see his version of the team next year.

I'm not sure how many of our squad he thinks are good enough for next seasons challenges. That might be an interesting thread.

bluefoever said:

You may have something there..........

holmes1.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.