How do I stop cats crapping on my lawn

We got one of those solar powered sonic animal repellers... Got one from Amazon for about £15. Can't link it but there are loads.

Worked at reducing it by about 95%

Silent roar cat repellent. You have to use it several times for it to start working. Or get yourself a Manchester terrier, now nothing dares enter our garden.

Agreed nothing worse than when your mower hits a pile of cat shit or the grandkids step in it.
I have had some success with mothballs, or spraying diluted jeyes fluid on the grass. My neighbour has spent £200 on sonic devices which he says is helping. I was thinking of putting carpet gripper on my fence panel tops but would probably end up with the numerous cat households where I live kicking off.
Another neighbour laid down toy rubber snakes but that just scares the shit out of the cats.
What I don't get is that if a dog took a crap on my lawn that would be an offence but cats can just wander and take a dump at their will.
That'd be horrific, the grandkids stepping into a mower.

Friggen nuisance domestic Cats. New neighbours have 2 and they have completely fucked off the nesting birds from our garden. Hate them!

Agreed nothing worse than when your mower hits a pile of cat shit or the grandkids step in it.
I have had some success with mothballs, or spraying diluted jeyes fluid on the grass. My neighbour has spent £200 on sonic devices which he says is helping. I was thinking of putting carpet gripper on my fence panel tops but would probably end up with the numerous cat households where I live kicking off.
Another neighbour laid down toy rubber snakes but that just scares the shit out of the cats.
What I don't get is that if a dog took a crap on my lawn that would be an offence but cats can just wander and take a dump at their will.

Not sure it's a really an offence unless the cost and effort of clean up means it falls within criminal damage or harassment if it is the same oddball bringing a dog round to shit on your property.

Plenty of different rules for cats and dogs though, cats are allowed to have free reign to roam but it's an offence to not have your dog under control.

If you see a dog in front of your car the animals Act 1971 obliges you to take all reasonable steps to avoid hitting it and preventing knock-on effects of causing risk to life or damage to persons and property, although you don't need to take the same action to avoid hitting a cat.

I know this is going to sound daft but it has worked for me, the neighbour has a cat and it's a real fat bastard, not unlike my neighbour if im honest. anyway it comes into the garden in one particular area and used to take a crap all over the lawn. I was told to put a clear bottle half full of water at the point where it comes into the Garden. I was really sceptical about it but 2 months later and it seems to have done the trick.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.