How do we get better next season?

We don't really need to. Once you hit perfection, everything else is downhill and about maintaining standards for as long as possible.

That needs to sink in for plenty. Mendy will kick us on again and a new striker certainly wouldn't harm us though.

Jesus Christ. 2 weeks of bad form and the best right back in the league all season becomes bad business. The memories on some people would embarrass a goldfish.
Walker lacks technique to play for possession side on a top level. Very average passer as well. Pep's been successfully hiding his deficiencies all season, playing KW mostly as a right centerback in a trio. But he still gets exposed against top pressing sides.

The goal is to win the CL. Judge players by CL playoffs, not by games vs burnleys and brightons.

Walker lacks technique to play for possession side on a top level. Very average passer as well. Pep's been successfully hiding his deficiencies all season, playing KW mostly as a right centerback in a trio. But he still gets exposed against top pressing sides.

The goal is to win the CL. Judge players by CL playoffs, not by games vs burnleys and brightons.

If only you could have told Guardiola about how shit he was before we signed him, you'd have saved us £50m! Amazing that Pep just decided to throw all that money away before looking to see if he was the kind of player who fit his system.

Buy Mahrez and a top striker, then spend the pre season schooling the defence and playing them week in week out as far as injuries and fatigue in the latter stages of the season will allow... Aside from that we are pretty much there I reckon..!

You've forgotten training and improving as a unit, it's more important than transfers. Pep's teams ALWAYS improve with time, it's an endless process. I think 2 new players (striker/winger+DM) would be more than enough, we already have lots of players to integrate: Laporte, Mendy, Bernardo as 8, getting Stones back to form... There's no need for more than 2 senior signings, focusing on young players (17-18 yo) would make more sense.
As for RB situation, Walker doesn't seem to be a great business so far, but there's a serious lack of talanted RBs on the market.
I think Maffeo looks the part and I’d have him in squad next year. Cf lb and dm needed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.