How do we get better next season?

Better full backs (as always).

Play 2 CMs in key games.

2 apprentices for Fernandinho and Aguero.

A better no 2.

Stop playing Bernardo Silva until next season, lock him in a training pitch and don't let him out til he can kick it with his right foot?

For me it is fine margins as this is the best team I’ve ever seen....

However I am yet to be convinced that Walker is top draw. I don’t recall him adding a great deal to the attacking threat we have ( especially at crucial times of games ) and he has made key errors defending that have cost us a number of goals.

So upgrade there is needed

Didn’t see sufficient of mendy to pass comment- but the back ups are not top draw either....so same here.

New left back required

Additional striker - always 1 injury away from being light here. As Raheem has shown he is not a striker at present.

I still feel not getting Mahrez has cost us a lot in last third of the season.

I’ve never had a problem with spending and know it’s just bitterness from rivals who moan about it but just feel it’s a bit silly now seeing comments on “ buy WC CH “ and “ get Neymar or Griezman “
We could do with a big Striker to throw on, someone happy to play a role and yes someone to rotate with Fernandinho but we can’t just say we need 2 of the best players in the world in every position
It won’t matter how good a CH is as the way we play will always leave the defence exposed.

3 key things for me:

- Having another striker option (given Jesus is 21 and sergio has injury/gametime issues)
- Having a replacement for Fern (he's in his 30s and could probably benefit from being spelled - Fred seems like the option there)
- Having an option for KDB (Gundog/Bernado seem the obvious combo but is there anyone else)
- Fullbacks: esp. at right back I think we are light

Anything.anybody else?

(EDIT: i said 3 but meant 4!)
You've forgotten training and improving as a unit, it's more important than transfers. Pep's teams ALWAYS improve with time, it's an endless process. I think 2 new players (striker/winger+DM) would be more than enough, we already have lots of players to integrate: Laporte, Mendy, Bernardo as 8, getting Stones back to form... There's no need for more than 2 senior signings, focusing on young players (17-18 yo) would make more sense.
As for RB situation, Walker doesn't seem to be a great business so far, but there's a serious lack of talanted RBs on the market.

Bluemc1 we are never gonna get a big lump traditional style forward with Pep it's not his style .

Mendy back will be huge. Get Maffeo and Angelino in the squad, and get rid of Danilo. Buy Fabinho and an attacker that can play anywhere across the front 3. Don't know who that could be. Maybe Griezmann? Looks like he's off to Barca, but he has a release clause of 87m apparently. Bailey could be good, but he's young and unexperienced. Need someone older who has a lot of experience. Maybe even Bernard from Shakhtar. Can oly play LW as far as I know, but Sane needs some competition. Maffeo, Angelino, Fabinho and an attacker is all we need IMO

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.