How do we resolve the Brexit mess?

I watched an interview recently with a musician. He plays in the band King Crimson. It's not a band I followed but I had heard of them and, well, he explained just how complicated and expensive it is these days to tour in Europe.

Every member of the tour party had to have a work visa to enter each country, and it cost between £100 and £200 per visa depending on which country they were entering, so it was costing the band several thousand pounds every time they crossed a border.

The visas had to be applied for at each UK embassy of the countries they were visiting so their passports could be stamped, so it took months for all the passports to receive the required stamp, as the passports could only be at one embassy at a time.

As if that was not enough, he added they had a van with all the merchandise on board, T-shirts and so on. They had to pay VAT in full on all the merchandise entering the country, and if they sold 10%, they could then reclaim 90% of the VAT they had paid when they left, but the same scenario happened when entering the next country.

It's not quite the same as traveling from England to Wales, but we had it like that for a while.<iframe width="914" height="514" src="" title="Rockstar describes ‘unforeseen failing&#39; of post-Brexit touring difficulties | LBC" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

But at leat all of the visas were now being stamped in a black passport. I saw that interview and you can only imagine what it must be like to do a European tour.

Unfortunately I don't think much can be done to improve the situation as the usual press suspects will claim that democracy is being over turned.

When you put it like that I’m struggling to know why anyone voted for Brexit or why the government allowed a referendum in the first instance. There must be some benefits the NHS, £50 million, intact borders (only there is more Legal immigration)
Anyone joining the March on Brexit tomorrow.?
I wasn’t aware there was a march and tbh you can march until your feet drop off and it will make no difference.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.