How do we resolve the Brexit mess?

Its VE Day!!! After years of bashing the EU and being pro-Brexit and voting Tory at the last GE ( only to have his new Tory MP announce he won't contest the seat next time ) my Dad has just admitted to me on the phone that he was wrong and that there was strength in being an EU member state plus trade advantages and that he was lied to by the Leave campaign. If you knew my Dad you'd realise how big that penny was that just dropped.

Its VE Day!!! After years of bashing the EU and being pro-Brexit and voting Tory at the last GE ( only to have his new Tory MP announce he won't contest the seat next time ) my Dad has just admitted to me on the phone that he was wrong and that there was strength in being an EU member state plus trade advantages and that he was lied to by the Leave campaign. If you knew my Dad you'd realise how big that penny was that just dropped.

My dad did the same about the Tories. Not quite got there on Brexit yet.

There will be plenty joining him. It will become a tsunami in the next couple of years. Question is, will enough people be prepared to give up the pound? That’s the only realistic basis for our re-entry. My guess is ‘no’, which I think would be a grave mistake.

There will be plenty joining him. It will become a tsunami in the next couple of years. Question is, will enough people be prepared to give up the pound? That’s the only realistic basis for our re-entry. My guess is ‘no’, which I think would be a grave mistake.

I agree but I think the reinstatement of FoM will come first and at the moment thats much trickier - you don't HAVE to adopt the Euro just say you will consider it - Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Hungary, Poland, Romania, and Sweden are member states but don't use the Euro

I think there's bigger barriers than that.

Fair play to your dad.
Everybody makes mistakes.
Admitting that you were wrong is a brave thing to do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.