How do we resolve the Brexit mess?

I'm amazed by these poll results.. there's no way a vote to re-join would pass. We can't just waltz back in...

we can vote to TRY and re-join - thats when the world of pain that brings starts. We didn't just accidentally leave via the wrong door - we effectively have to convince 27 other member countries to invite us back....... there will be many many strings

we can vote to TRY and re-join - thats when the world of pain that brings starts. We didn't just accidentally leave via the wrong door - we effectively have to convince 27 other member countries to invite us back....... there will be many many strings
And so there should be. We need to be all in or all out, and all out clearly isnt viable. Complete freedom of movement and adopting the euro should be the minimum. I'd also like to see us pay some sort of reparations to the EU for distress caused, and our contributions to the EU budget backdated to cover the wilderness years.

And so there should be. We need to be all in or all out, and all out clearly isnt viable. Complete freedom of movement and adopting the euro should be the minimum. I'd also like to see us pay some sort of reparations to the EU for distress caused, and our contributions to the EU budget backdated to cover the wilderness years.
Course you would.

I'm amazed by these poll results.. there's no way a vote to re-join would pass. We can't just waltz back in...

As with leaving, an initial indication of general wish may be a clear win.
There should then be an informed declaration of the terms of rejoining to be considered by the public (and lied about by vested interests/politicians).

As with 'leave', there should not be a single 'rejoin'.

There should never be a referendum ever again. Doling out a decision affecting every part of our lives to the general public, who have no expertise in most political or economic matters, was just madness and an abdication of political responsibility. It was largely prejudice which has landed us in this situation, lead by greedy men and women who were mostly keen to line their own pockets from the process. The public were spoonfed dishonesty and lapped it up, as it pandered to their prejudices and maybe a "Fuck you" attitude to Government. Now, we're all fucked.
Brexiteers such as Farage may argue that it isn't working because it hasn't been implemented properly - and that's why he's lost his account at Coutt's, bless! To other - more normal - folk, this was a hard brexit. The worst of it is that it'll just continue to get harder.

As with leaving, an initial indication of general wish may be a clear win.
There should then be an informed declaration of the terms of rejoining to be considered by the public (and lied about by vested interests/politicians).

As with 'leave', there should not be a single 'rejoin'.

The problem is there are 28 other countries who will have an opinion on what any ‘rejoin’ should look like. It is not a decision we have control over. With Brexit we ceded control.

We will never rejoin in my opinion. But we are likely to be absorbed into the Single market and operate within the EU regulatory framework. How much ‘say’ we get in how the SM operates is likely to be minimal. It helps that part of the UK is still in the SM. Our future is already being roadtested.

The problem is there are 28 other countries who will have an opinion on what any ‘rejoin’ should look like. It is not a decision we have control over. With Brexit we ceded control.

We will never rejoin in my opinion. But we are likely to be absorbed into the Single market and operate within the EU regulatory framework. How much ‘say’ we get in how the SM operates is likely to be minimal. It helps that part of the UK is still in the SM. Our future is already being roadtested.

Yes, I know that.
But the simple plan has to be
- vote on rejoining. If it passes:
- sort out the details on rejoining that we can get
- vote again.

I think we'll get a reasonable say in the SM actually, I think there is enough pragmatism in the EU to allow that (or will be by the time it happens).

Was doing a bit of driving yesterday and listening to various presenters on LBC, both right and left.

Christ it was depressing.
So in summary:

Our trading relations with EU is totally fucked making all of us poorer
Our NHS is fucked and will not survive without massive over overhaul
Our Education system is fucked with 30% of teachers leaving last year
Our public transport system is fucked particularly our rail service
Our roads are fucked and becoming the worst maintained and congested in Europe
Our water industry is fucked and will either go bust or turn our precious rivers and seas into open sewers
Our power providers are fucking us. No strategic plan, caught with their pants down when wholesale prices rocket.

Is there anything in the UK (except Manchester City) that is not fucked (and by god they are trying).
The whole thing smacks of a lack of intelligence, a lack of planning, a belief that privatisation is the answer to everything even when you don't oversight it effectively, a lack of investment.........
Meanwhile, Charles receives the Scottish crown jewels in Edinburgh so all is well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.