How do we resolve the Brexit mess?

These riots are a result of Brexit. The chaps rioting are the gullible ones who believed Johnsons bullshit. Sunlit uplands? For who?
They see they were sold a lie that they wanted desperately to believe.
There is no quick answer to problems facing the country. Hard work and hard decisions are what get country's through tough times, not bullshit and lies.

Politically we are reaping the seeds sown back during the debates and vote to leave.

I didn't see the wood for the trees and anyone honest should say the same thing.
My own head space at the moment is a bit all over the place. I’ve a lot going on due to death and illness in the family. I’ve been in England recently and have to go back over for a funeral on Tuesday.
I’ve found myself last night reading back over the Irish Political thread and some very cordial and diverse opinions being expressed at the time.

Around the time of the Brexit debate, your name cropped up and questions you raised were merged into the NI debate and the whole border down the Irish Sea mess and the threat of violence, etc., etc.

Just coincidence I suppose, but good to see your name crop up in here with your recent posts. The discussions that were had in that thread were far more civilised and cordial than some of the political threads.

In my current frame of mind I was actually thinking, I’m getting drawn into the political forum again and maybe should give it a break.

But well done you all the same. It takes character to admit you were wrong, if indeed you were wrong. You feel you would do it differently now though with current information available to you, is what I’m getting.

I have done for a while now and have no qualms in doing so.

We won't return but if there was a vote on it tomorrow I would vote to rejoin and not because it will fix anything of not, it won't but because leaving fixed absolutely fuck all and divided us for nothing tangible whatsoever.
We may rejoin one day but maybe not for at least 20 years

My own head space at the moment is a bit all over the place. I’ve a lot going on due to death and illness in the family. I’ve been in England recently and have to go back over for a funeral on Tuesday.
I’ve found myself last night reading back over the Irish Political thread and some very cordial and diverse opinions being expressed at the time.

Around the time of the Brexit debate, your name cropped up and questions you raised were merged into the NI debate and the whole border down the Irish Sea mess and the threat of violence, etc., etc.

Just coincidence I suppose, but good to see your name crop up in here with your recent posts. The discussions that were had in that thread were far more civilised and cordial than some of the political threads.

In my current frame of mind I was actually thinking, I’m getting drawn into the political forum again and maybe should give it a break.

But well done you all the same. It takes character to admit you were wrong, if indeed you were wrong. You feel you would do it differently now though with current information available to you, is what I’m getting.

Firstly thoughts are with you and your family pal at a difficult time and hopefully you all get through it and out the other end as soon as.

It's incredibly easy to make enemies on here. Debates are far too toxic and we all take ourselves and our opinions way too seriously and it spills over.

I have always enjoyed your posts and whilst have often disagreed, I don't remember it ever getting toxic so credit to yourself as well. That's how it should always be on here.

Stay safe and well.

The Trump threat to NATO may dissipate and Russia may come to its senses, but I suspect all those who feared an EU army as part of staying in the EU may come to think it's not such a bad idea if we can't rely on the USA.

The problem for some is that it had Europe in the suggestion so regardless of its sanity as an idea the gammon just fly into a rage over it without thinking things through. Same with the ECHR that Reform UK and the swivel eyed loons like Braverman and Jenrick foment trouble over

These riots are a result of Brexit. The chaps rioting are the gullible ones who believed Johnsons bullshit. Sunlit uplands? For who?
They see they were sold a lie that they wanted desperately to believe.
There is no quick answer to problems facing the country. Hard work and hard decisions are what get country's through tough times, not bullshit and lies.

It is. of course, much more complicated than that. Not everything is the fault of Brexit. Hell, even Brexit wasn't the fault of Brexit. It was just political incompetence, pure and simple. No problem having a vote on it, but an enormously serious political and economic change with inevitable decades-long economic consequences should never have been decided on the basis of a simple majority. Even the PL aren't stupid enough to do that.

They may have thought they were going to win, but for God's sake they should have taken it more seriously. I mean, think of the children .... it was always going to be extraordinarily destabilising. So people just have to suck it up and wait for the economic consequences to settle sometime in the next two decades. Resolve the Brexit mess? As you say: hard work and hard decisions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.