How do we resolve the Brexit mess?

Granted but a discernible difference in our daily lives?

No, not for me.

We have reached peak illusion of just how good the EU was and how much better how lives would be and frankly it’s wrong and silly.

I wish we had voted to stay in, I wish I had voted that way but I’ve honestly felt little difference in my life and the gulf of change has been down to Covid and the Ukraine.

I take that as a sign we should have stayed in btw, money paid in, saved, wasn’t suddenly going to change all our lives either!
You live in a very small world if you cannot see any change.

Yeh, but, we can now buy wine in pint bottles - if anyone in the world will produce or supply them. Another Brexit benefit.

Nobody will - ever. Why would they incur the extra cost of 2 bottling lines one imperial and one metric? Speaking of which the cockamamey idea that metric could make a comeback was quietly dropped over Christmas. Public consultations showed that of those consulted only 1.3% thought it was a good idea. Nobody wants to live in a Jacob Rees-Mogg based theme park it seems

Nobody will - ever. Why would they incur the extra cost of 2 bottling lines one imperial and one metric? Speaking of which the cockamamey idea that metric could make a comeback was quietly dropped over Christmas. Public consultations showed that of those consulted only 1.3% thought it was a good idea. Nobody wants to live in a Jacob Rees-Mogg based theme park it seems

Dear J.Bull

What year are you living in...?

Get with the times!

We ain’t going back.

More countries will exit the EU, mark my words and I say that as someone who regrets voting to leave.

Friends in the EU are in for a shock.
Which country will leave EU (what a stupid term 'exit')? Just came back from an EU country, they only thing that seems to have changed is they don't give a flying fuck about us anymore. They are still happy in their schmalz, they manage to surprise themselves how they stood up to Russia, they are even getting closer in their attitudes to how to deal with refugees without falling into far right trap, even Poland properly kicked their political right.
It is only in Daily Mail and The (Jerusalem) Times you can find this crap about EU falling apart, but hey, according to them there are parts of London where you cannot walk if you are a 'white'.

You live in a very small world if you cannot see any change.
Maybe a smaller one if you can? If you have a business or livelihood that is directly impacted by Brexit then of course the effects will be more apparent. To a large extent the effects of Brexit for most have been swept under the carpet of the pandemic and general global economic malaise.

Lies. It was 13/1000

My mum won't retire from her job in a care home because she feels duty bound to cover for staff shortages in the industry caused by Brexit. A lot of the locals seem to consider working in care beneath them.

So please explain to me what are the benefits of a vote won on misinformation and the naivety of people who thought it meant they could boot out the local migrants the next day?

My mum won't retire from her job in a care home because she feels duty bound to cover for staff shortages in the industry caused by Brexit. A lot of the locals seem to consider working in care beneath them.

So please explain to me what are the benefits of a vote won on misinformation and the naivety of people who thought it meant they could boot out the local migrants the next day?

IMHO we need to pay care workers a lot more money, that'd solve the issue of recruitment.

Same for fruit pickers, a very good annual salary not just a caravan on the land you work on with the farmer or supermarket forcing you to pay for shit accommodation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.