How do we resolve the Brexit mess?

well there's a thing - do they not know we control our borders and demand that they come here?

This may be silly, but couldn’t we solve this problem if we had…say…some kind of agreement with our nearest trading partners where we all agree to certain rules and regulations and conditions on trade so we can free up borders and have goods come straight off the ferry and straight to their destination, without huge amounts of paperwork and inspections.
We could call it something like union of Europe traders, or similar.
Crazy, I know!

This is just childish. Can't own a problem of their own making accept they fucked up and use the system to try and get what they want then throw a blob strop - this is proper going in and taking their ball with them territory - by giving the interview the reveal and accept they were conned so use the tools you have to fix it you wallies

This is just childish. Can't own a problem of their own making accept they fucked up and use the system to try and get what they want then throw a blob strop - this is proper going in and taking their ball with them territory - by giving the interview the reveal and accept they were conned so use the tools you have to fix it you wallies

Do their boat engines still run on leaded fuel?

"I’m giving Boris Johnson the benefit of the doubt – I’m assuming he wasn't aware of all these costs, of all the complications, which have got no better.”

I wonder what doubt he’s giving Johnson the benefit of?
Is he not asking himself why Johnson didn’t make it his business to understand the complexities before agreeing a shit deal?
Some people get what they deserve.

And what do they think of Brexit maestro Farage? Would he get a free pass like the last bizarre comment:

Speaking of the Leave campaign's pledges, "Well we’ve obviously realised now that they didn’t have a clue. I’m giving Boris Johnson the benefit of the doubt – I’m assuming he wasn't aware of all these costs, of all the complications, which have got no better."

And what do they think of Brexit maestro Farage? Would he get a free pass like the last bizarre comment:

Speaking of the Leave campaign's pledges, "Well we’ve obviously realised now that they didn’t have a clue. I’m giving Boris Johnson the benefit of the doubt – I’m assuming he wasn't aware of all these costs, of all the complications, which have got no better."

and his argument leads you on to ask what does he think of Johnsons oven ready deal?

‘Fish exporter Ian Perkes, in Brixham, Devon, said he voted for Brexit but was not told of the changes it would involve.’

Oh, how I laughed, and laughed and laughed.

‘Fish exporter Ian Perkes, in Brixham, Devon, said he voted for Brexit but was not told of the changes it would involve.’

Oh, how I laughed, and laughed and laughed.

I know I read through it and thought "every single complaint they have was told to them but all they did was shout back Project Fear" I really don't care about them, their businesses - anything - there is no cure for stupid and they are finding out the hard way

"I’m giving Boris Johnson the benefit of the doubt – I’m assuming he wasn't aware of all these costs, of all the complications, which have got no better.”

I wonder what doubt he’s giving Johnson the benefit of?
Is he not asking himself why Johnson didn’t make it his business to understand the complexities before agreeing a shit deal?
Some people get what they deserve.
Stupid ****.

Johnson was an extreme example of a type I knew at work. Broadbrush guys with no interest in details, even key details.

To a point, as a top boss, you have to be like that. But - and it's a very big but - you need capable people below you who do understand and work on detail. They need to keep you informed on any crucial issues and indeed to understand what crucial issues are. Say for example politically sensitive stuff. And you have to have the wit to listen to them and modify your broad-brush plan if applicable.

And, ultimately, if it all fucks up, the boss is responsible even if it's the team that has proved inadequate.

I suspect that apart from anything else Johnson was a shit boss who didn't give a fuck. And that's unforgivable, especially at so high a level.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.