How do you assess our transfer business?

Poor.

Nathan Ake - Decent player, nothing more, nothing less, he is dependable without being spectacular and never going to be a top class defender, but a reliable one.....£41m is a lot of bloody money to pay for someone to be a substitute each week.

Ferran Torres - Needs to wake the fuck up and realise that when passes are played to him, he has to run occassionally to get them, also he is allowed to beat a player before putting a cross in and occassionally going for a shot, early days, but he is what we paid for.......£20m represents a Squad player standard......not good enough currently to remove Mahrez or Sterling from automatic starting spots

Reuben Dias - Solid and after watching his debut game, looks a special player, we might actually have stumbled upon a solid and top class CB pairing with him and Aymeric Laporte, if both can stay fit then we have the basis on which to build, and with Ake backing them up, CB is no longer looking like a position of need to address.

Midfielders - None incoming, so still IMHO 2 short of what we needed, will be 3 by the time this season ends and Fernandinho goes back home to Brazil as he said he wants to the other day.....and I am sure the club would have been aware of his intentions long before Sky Sports!!....good to see Txiki busy at work addressing that vital area of importance, you know the one that wins and loses games.

Striker - None in, next season we will need 2 of these as well as 3 midfielders.......going to be a busy summer 9 months from now :).......Aguero going this summer, Aguero and Jesus regularly getting injured and no suitable replacement to them to play that role, which has cost us already to the tune of 5 points in just 3 games, how many more will it cost us this season the ineptitude of my friend Txiki?

Left Back - No backup to Mendy still and what we saw vs Leeds is what we will get regularly from him, he has no defensive clue, decent going forward, good cross, can't pass, can't tackle and has no positional sense or awareness, and we have no alternative other than playing players out of position.

All in all I would say it was poor this Transfer window for City.......huge gaps still exist and some of these have been in existance for 3 years already and our wonderful DOF continues to dazzle all with his ability in the negotiations for improving playing staff.

Please HRH, just get that disease removed from the club and get Garry Cook back, at least with him we had a plan, bought players we needed and addressed issues before they existed, we got players IN first before moving those they came to replace, this idiot lets players leave first and then goes to replace them, hence all other clubs know we are desperate and hold us to ransom then.

Wow! How did u get here? You must be lost as this is a city forum not rawk or sadcafe. I can help you find your way home bud.

Keep up the good work trolling. It is a valiant effort of shit being spewed. Well done you.

Have little doubt our weakness in pace , intensity and distribution in midfield that Silva provided in spades at his best and not having the quality now in DM and lack of a gun striker who stays healthy will set us back this season.

I very much doubt we get our points total of last year but hopefully we will stay in the mix for top four to keep our run going or else we will need to win it this year.

With this squad I think we have a better chance of winning the Chumps League than the premiership this season but I doubt we will succeed in doing either.
I agree but I think the CBs and replacing Sane were more important issues that needed to be addressed first, depending on the overall situation and what is happening with Pep January could see us move a LB/CM/FWD leaving the other 2 for our summer business.

Unless Pep stops over tinkering in the latter stages I'm ruling us out of winning the CL.

I don't think enough is made of the toll the 17/18 and 18/19 seasons have had on the club, to be competing on all fronts with the high levels of performance we were seeing added with and the pressure of that title run in with Liverpool was immense and we saw the hangover of this last season.

I don't think any team is getting near the points it's taken to win the league in the last 3 seasons.
This season is going to be a strange one, Covid's impact on it will be clear and it'll be more competitive with clubs having improved (Chelsea, Arsenal and Everton to name three) but IMO we still have the best squad in the league and the best starting XI that should see us at the very least competing for the title.

Poor.

Nathan Ake - Decent player, nothing more, nothing less, he is dependable without being spectacular and never going to be a top class defender, but a reliable one.....£41m is a lot of bloody money to pay for someone to be a substitute each week.

Ferran Torres - Needs to wake the fuck up and realise that when passes are played to him, he has to run occassionally to get them, also he is allowed to beat a player before putting a cross in and occassionally going for a shot, early days, but he is what we paid for.......£20m represents a Squad player standard......not good enough currently to remove Mahrez or Sterling from automatic starting spots

Reuben Dias - Solid and after watching his debut game, looks a special player, we might actually have stumbled upon a solid and top class CB pairing with him and Aymeric Laporte, if both can stay fit then we have the basis on which to build, and with Ake backing them up, CB is no longer looking like a position of need to address.

Midfielders - None incoming, so still IMHO 2 short of what we needed, will be 3 by the time this season ends and Fernandinho goes back home to Brazil as he said he wants to the other day.....and I am sure the club would have been aware of his intentions long before Sky Sports!!....good to see Txiki busy at work addressing that vital area of importance, you know the one that wins and loses games.

Striker - None in, next season we will need 2 of these as well as 3 midfielders.......going to be a busy summer 9 months from now :).......Aguero going this summer, Aguero and Jesus regularly getting injured and no suitable replacement to them to play that role, which has cost us already to the tune of 5 points in just 3 games, how many more will it cost us this season the ineptitude of my friend Txiki?

Left Back - No backup to Mendy still and what we saw vs Leeds is what we will get regularly from him, he has no defensive clue, decent going forward, good cross, can't pass, can't tackle and has no positional sense or awareness, and we have no alternative other than playing players out of position.

All in all I would say it was poor this Transfer window for City.......huge gaps still exist and some of these have been in existance for 3 years already and our wonderful DOF continues to dazzle all with his ability in the negotiations for improving playing staff.

Please HRH, just get that disease removed from the club and get Garry Cook back, at least with him we had a plan, bought players we needed and addressed issues before they existed, we got players IN first before moving those they came to replace, this idiot lets players leave first and then goes to replace them, hence all other clubs know we are desperate and hold us to ransom then.
Too early to judge for me both I reckon 7 or 8
However you Sir with all due respect are a fu@@ing idiot

Improved CB position and that's it.
  • Midfield is considerably weaker without Dave and without someone capable of filling his role in the team.
  • Torres wasn't needed as we have plenty of wingers/players who can play there already.
  • We have players here we don't want(Zin and Stones)
  • We have players who don't want to be here(Garcia)
  • We have legends getting older and less effective or constantly injured.
  • Our loan system continues to be utter shite

By far the best transfer window in the past 3 seasons, but that's not saying much...

We missed on Koulibaly, Giménez and Koundé and ended up with Dias, who MIGHT be a good player, but not just yet.

I think the two main positions we should and haven't strengthened this summer (besides CB) were a midfielder and a left-back. We could've brought both Alaba and Thiago for 80M or less and we chose not to.

Next summer, besides a LB and a CM, we'll need a DM and a ST given that Fernandinho and Agüero seem to be on their last season here. I doubt that we'll be able to get 4 top players next summer so this summer's failure will also end up being next year's failure (transfer-wise)...

Just hope in the future we don't waste our time chasing Messi and actually focus on getting the deals we need.

• Midfield is considerably weaker without Dave and without someone capable of filling his role in the team.
  • Torres wasn't needed as we have plenty of wingers/players who can play there already.
Oh well.Can always rebuild from the championship I suppose. Unless of course you're wrong.

Oh well.Can always rebuild from the championship I suppose. Unless of course you're wrong.

None of my points were doom and gloomy, we still have a quality squad and manager. It could still be a lot better though and needs to be to compete on all fronts again.

I said pre-season we'd be fighting for top 4 rather than the title. Our transfer business only strengthened my stance.

Did not need a winger even tho we lost Sane ?

Not sure Silva did much last year and even if he did he slowed everything down Foden and Fernandinho are suppose to be playing more of role this year in midfield for different reasons so taking his position

Did you really expect anyone to buy Zinchenko or Stones in the current climate ? Did you expect us to spend another 80 million replacing them ? Did you expect us to get like 8 players ?

We won titles with both Zinchenko and Stones playing a significant role

How can you evaluate the loan system ?

None of my points were doom and gloomy, we still have a quality squad and manager. It could still be a lot better though and needs to be to compete on all fronts again.

I said pre-season we'd be fighting for top 4 rather than the title. Our transfer business only strengthened my stance.
If that's you not being doom and gloomy, wouldn't like to see you when you are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.