How do you justify playing Zab over Elano?

quiet_riot said:
skybluekings said:
can you name another top team using 2 DMs?

Liverpool. Villa. Rags....top enough for you?

The rags and Villa don't. Liverpool play a holidng defensive midfield player whilst the other sits and spreads the ball about.

blue jim said:
Lads, what part of squad do you not understand?

Elano is part of a squad, Zab is part of a squad. Zab is a better starter, his tackling is spot on, and Elano is a soft touch that loses the bap too often, they've different roles in the team. If we're going up against a team like Arsenal by all means start Elano but he gets battered by teams who fight their way to a draw, and has done since he joined us.

Elano loses the ball the same as Gerrard and Ireland do.

By the way zabaleta does get forward he doesn't exactly play as a defensive midfielder. More like a box to box just to point that out.

skybluekings said:
maxflicity said:
Have you ever watched any real football at all?

This is quite the most rediculous post I think I have ever seen.

Go back to the PS2 mate this is real life for people who know about football.

Ridiculous post? Its a statement for debate not ignorance. Your post only shows your intellectual limits in joining the conversation.
Mark Hughes? Is that you? LOL!

If this shows a level of intellect then im happy to be thick.........what a bag of shite.

bluemanc said:
Fair comment,we will need him that's a fact.
He will get a chance i'm sure & i've a funny feeling he'll take it.

I agree he looks more inetrested recently and if he can get his act togethere he'll be class.

The difference between us and teams like Vila and Everton is we've got someone like Elano on the bench.

Zab is like Kompany had been, playing out of his natural position which is right back.

When he captained the Argie under 20's at the world championships he played every game in centre mid. He had a blinder and they went on to win it. He's far more suited to it, to slow to play full back.

skybluekings said:
The inclusion of De Jong and Zab in midfield means that we are now running a 2 DM set. Why? With Kompany now in CB, his spot can now be taken by one of the two...but to have both? It makes no sense as it takes away from our creativity. Is this overly defensive set up really needed or for that matter can you name another top team using 2 DMs?
I can only assume you missed the whole first half of the season when we were screaming out for a second, more solid player to sit alongside Kompany in midfield. Zab gives us that, and it's not as though he just sits back and plays sideways passes; in each of his three games so far he's been bombing forward and linking up with the other more attacking players. In fact, I wouldn't really call him a DM (De Jong is), he just adds that extra bite in the tackle that our midfield has been sorely lacking so far this season. The midfield you suggested is simply far too lightweight. That has already been proven on many occasions this season, especially away from home.

skybluekings said:
After reading reviews of our team from the South American press I have to agree that "Elano is too good to be sitting on the bench".

The inclusion of De Jong and Zab in midfield means that we are now running a 2 DM set. Why? With Kompany now in CB, his spot can now be taken by one of the two...but to have both? It makes no sense as it takes away from our creativity. Is this overly defensive set up really needed or for that matter can you name another top team using 2 DMs?

Zab is like Kompany had been, playing out of his natural position which is right back. The fact that he can play in midfield, doesn't make him a midfielder. To add to the confusion, Elano is a STARTER for the great Brazil...yet not good enough for our team?

How bad can we be in this line up?:
--------Given------
Zab----Kompany----Richards/Ned----Bridge
-----------De Jong---------------
SWP---Elano---Ireland---Robinho
-----------Bellamy-----------

In my opinion, the above is a GREAT team. However whilst currently having Richards at right back may bode well defensively, Richards is yet to produce a cross. All season (from the right back position). Therefore it is better to have Zab at right back and allow him to join the attack like an extra winger - which he has done effectively this season.

Playing 2 DMs? Really? This makes no sense to me and gradually seems more of a vendetta against a player rather than good tactics, or for that matter, good judgement.

EDIT: Seriously, Can you name ANY TEAM which uses a 2 DM set?

utd, villa, chelsea, everton, liverpool, boro,.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.