How do you respond to this?

Don't forget they will get the naive fans who support what they think is a 'Manchester' club - law of averages says that without other factors that will be 50/50 plus they will get a lot more fans from Trafford Borough - where they are located - that will be another reason to explain why pre M*nich and pre their success they got higher attendances.

Then its quite clear that success will naturally lead to more youngsters choosing to support the rags and skew the support in our favour. Doesn't change the fact that WE are Manchesters true club.

Tell him to f*ck off back to London this City is ours !

Ask him why , in their hour of need in 1974 , did only 28,000 fans turn up for an important First Division home league game?

I say hour of need because they were facing relegation , which eventually happened ....... where were they all these 'local' rags when their club really needed them ?

The tell him we got more than that against Blackpool in the third division!

just show him this

% of local supporters

Hull City

Stoke City

Wigan Athletic

Newcastle United

Middlesbrough

Aston Villa

Fulham

Sunderland

West Bromwich Albion

West Ham United

Tottenham Hotspur

Blackburn Rovers

Manchester City

Portsmouth

Bolton Wanderers

Everton

Arsenal

Chelsea

Liverpool

Manchester United

cant spell-dont care said:
So no proper counter arguments :(

To be honest, no! he's right and justified! however, we can say that WWII totally fucked up the heads of everyone and those who were blues before the war were psychologically damaged and came back as Reds! also didn't many City fans boycott the club at some point because they were totally against the Jewish owners we had!? I'm not sure if this is true but I'm sure I've heard/read that somewhere!

EDIT- I've just been informed by my Grandad that LOADS of local City fans from Moss Side and surrounding areas went watching United games at that time as well as the City as just after the war they wanted to enjoy themselves more and football was a good way to do it as it was an extra game! yet the United fans didn't travel to City games therefore explaining the higher attendances!

(cheers Grandad, legend)!

noelyh said:
I have read some where on another post that back in those times that City fans attended united home games when CITY were away .they went to those games just to see the other First division teams and maybe thats why united had bigger attendences

This.. it is correct both sets of fans went to watch the game at Main Road. The only difference was that the cockney element did'nt travel to watch City at home.

bluezi said:
noelyh said:
I have read some where on another post that back in those times that City fans attended united home games when CITY were away .they went to those games just to see the other First division teams and maybe thats why united had bigger attendences

This.. it is correct both sets of fans went to watch the game at Main Road. The only difference was that the cockney element did'nt travel to watch City at home.

Why do you think United fans went to watch City home games? City fans watched United because the games were at their ground but not vice-versa. Noelyh has provided you with an effective counter argument to the desperate Red.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.