How good are Xavi and Iniesta?

AdamManCity

I rate them very highly but how would barca fare if they replaced one of them with silva or Fabregas. Forgetting the understanding the two have with each other would you say that Xavi and Inesta are that much better than Fabregas and Silva?

Good question, I think at the moment they still have the edge, Silva and Fabregas have time on their side though. They will definetly be the ones to replace them in the spanish side. I think their biggest asset is their knowledge of eachothers game though, I doubt fabregas and silva will develop this.

They are both excellent players , and have a superb understanding ....

but excellent players don't necessarily triumph in European finals , there are more than enough examples of that!

de niro said:
brilliant players, we are lucky though to have david here, not sure i'd swap.

Neither am i ....

Silva and City are made for each other , and he's top class no doubt about that.

As good as any central midfielders in my lifetime. I guess they're lucky to have the freedom to concentrate on creating chances thanks to the brilliant club and team they've been brought up with but looking beyond that they are clearly players of the very highest calibre.

I thought Xavi was misfiring a little the other night and he obviously missed having Iniesta playing alongside him. I wonder if either or both would have been successful with a different partner? I doubt it to be honest.

Silva could replace Iniesta and there would be close to no difference.

Fabregas could not replace Xavi.

jay_mcfc said:
As good as any central midfielders in my lifetime. I guess they're lucky to have the freedom to concentrate on creating chances thanks to the brilliant club and team they've been brought up with but looking beyond that they are clearly players of the very highest calibre.

I thought Xavi was misfiring a little the other night and he obviously missed having Iniesta playing alongside him. I wonder if either or both would have been successful with a different partner? I doubt it to be honest.
That depends on what you mean by successful. No doubt they compliment each other perfectly, but they are both great players in their own right. Iniesta probably edges it over Xavi for me in that i think his talents would be more transferable to another team.

Sabster said:
Silva could replace Iniesta and there would be close to no difference.

Fabregas could not replace Xavi.
Good point but Xavi is harder to replace, there are more iniesta type players around at the moment...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.