How good is Silva?

Most impressive thing he's done this year for me — which is saying something — is when he literally just threw two Swansea defenders off him to start the move for our first. Then carried the ball 1/2 the pitch to lay the pitch perfect pass to AJ on the right.

I mean he's so good technically that if you said WOW to every good dribble/pass you'd have no voice. But literally just shrugging those two off of him, that was something.

Ntini77 said:
It could just be an illusion, but it seems like he's got quicker.

That's footballing intelligence, his mind is adapting to the PL style more every week and while I doubt he's necessarily getting quicker in pure speed terms, his speed of thought and decision making have probably got quicker which does translate into an illusion of extra pace.
In short it just means that he's thought of a move and completed it long before the defender can anticipate it.

Unrivalled close control, he's got a lot stronger, his passing is sublime, he's a dirty bastard, takes no shit and is never bullied by anyone, he creates chances, he keeps the ball, he never panics... I think he will be the Premier League Player of the Season this season.

Best midfielder in the Premiership.

Definitely in the top three best players in the Premeirship, I honestly can't think of a player who is better than him in England.

If he doesn't win PFA Player of the Year this season, it's because Ryan Giggs scores a goal at some point over the next several months.

My mate a Leeds fan bets on sport for a living so when he talks I listen. When we finally signed Silva he was raving on about how brilliant he was going to be for bloody ages. I wasn't too sure *bangs head against wall* and how wrong was I?

Consider my mate is a neutral he phones up often after watching Silva/City on the telly absolutely buzzing and always says 'what did I tell thee'. He was spot on.

ElanJo said:
Sabster said:
MCFC BOB said:

People have some sort of perception that Iniesta is some sort of God and on the same level as Messi and Ronaldo, most people even think he is better than Xavi. (Hahahhahahahahaha)

When in reality he is on a par with Silva.

That makes him overrated.

-- Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:36 am --

boateng said:
Xavi, Iniesta..?

-- Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:14 am --

You give City fans a bad name.

Iniesta, a player who has performed at the very highest level, world cup final, 2 cl final top performances....

Oh please.

There is no doubt he is not a top quality player - but is he a player guaranteed to perform like Messi and Ronaldo or someone like Xavi who dictates the game (see Barcelona 08/09 when they cope fine without Iniesta)

WATCH Iniesta play then come back to me, I have watched almost every game he has played for the past 5 years. Don't listen to the press and form your own opinions.

And furthermore Fabregas > Iniesta

Iniesta was the best player in the world a few years ago.

Iniesta > Fabregas

Sorry when?

Fabregas has more assists and goals in the last 5 years than any other midfielder Iniesta doesn't make the top 10.<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:08 am --<br /><br />
lee-mcfc said:
Sabster said:
alky313 said:
Ballon d'or finalist. He is not Iniesta or Xavi yet. But is better than Fabregas.

Iniesta is currently the most overrated player in world football - Iniesta and Silva are equals.
wow you really don't know much about football do you,
iniesta most overrated player in world football?
and dejong you say
and you don't rate messi

you have to be an undercover rag..

Do you understand the meaning of the word overrated? It doesn't make him a bad player.

And what I said about Messi was that he is nowhere near as good as Maradona as he can't seize control of a game and relies on Barcelona more than Barcelona rely on him.

And I am a rag for saying Silva is as good as Iniesta..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.