How good is Silva?

Good.

Sabster said:
There is no doubt he is not a top quality player - but is he a player guaranteed to perform like Messi and Ronaldo or someone like Xavi who dictates the game (see Barcelona 08/09 when they cope fine without Iniesta

Was the double negative intentional or not?

King Geedorah said:
Good.

Sabster said:
There is no doubt he is not a top quality player - but is he a player guaranteed to perform like Messi and Ronaldo or someone like Xavi who dictates the game (see Barcelona 08/09 when they cope fine without Iniesta

Was the double negative intentional or not?

No

Let's wait till he performs just as good against the top 6 teams; we'll see at WHL this week...

It's because he doesn't link up with tevez as well as he does with aguero and Dzeko....losing tevez might not be as bad as we thought

Sabster said:
ElanJo said:
Sabster said:
People have some sort of perception that Iniesta is some sort of God and on the same level as Messi and Ronaldo, most people even think he is better than Xavi. (Hahahhahahahahaha)

When in reality he is on a par with Silva.

That makes him overrated.

-- Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:36 am --

There is no doubt he is not a top quality player - but is he a player guaranteed to perform like Messi and Ronaldo or someone like Xavi who dictates the game (see Barcelona 08/09 when they cope fine without Iniesta)

WATCH Iniesta play then come back to me, I have watched almost every game he has played for the past 5 years. Don't listen to the press and form your own opinions.

And furthermore Fabregas > Iniesta

Iniesta was the best player in the world a few years ago.

Iniesta > Fabregas

Sorry when?

Fabregas has more assists and goals in the last 5 years than any other midfielder Iniesta doesn't make the top 10.

Around 2008

So Fabregas is better than Xavi? Is Charlie Adam as good as Xavi and Alonso? Is Brunt better than Xavi, Alonso, Silva, Iniesta and other top class players??

Stats are useful but they're not the be all and end all.

Silva is by far the best player in his position in the Premier league. To say he's the best player in general is hard...

And there is only one or possibly two players in the world who can do what Silva does, and that is the Barca duo Xavi and even more so Iniesta. But they would also need a season in order to really get the hang of things over here.

What I do know for a fact is that I would swap Silva for No one, no other player on the planet. If I had to, my choice would be Iniesta.

Remember when a lot on here were bemoaning his signing because it would mean AJ missing out!!!

There's a lot to be said for sentiment....

....but not when you want the best football team (in the world)

Simply the most joyous footballer I've ever had the pleasure to see pull on the shirt.....and Aguero might be better....oh and one of the few players to complete more successful passes in the final 1/3 last season was Nasri....
It's a little bit exciting isn't it?

This is what happens when your owner has more ambition at the outset than most fans....I think we're catching the Sheik up though

Thank you Sheik Mansour

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.