How good was last season's City?

Although the media in general will paint it as, well we did what we should have, considering the money spent.
I reckon it was a bloody fantastic season and was so happy that my son and I could get to the parade to
celebrate it properly.

The injuries incurred made the achievement even better for me.

I think it was Souness who said that he hadn't seen a side move the ball better than City, and that
was in the history of the Premier League.

I've been saying it for ages now: "we will not get the credit we deserve from the British broadcasting media and the written press for at least another 7-8 years". The reason for this is due to the 'money' that we have come into. Chelsea had to put up with this pantomime for the first few years of their takeover. We're an easy target for the press. They see us as the filthy rich pantomime villans that are trying to corrupt the game.

The thing is will next season live up to this season. As in, winning games by 4,5,6,even 7 goals.
Hopefully it will carry on, but it will be a hard act to follow.
But there again, if we win every game, win the League & the Champs League, who cares what the score is!

After our slow start, because of a new manager and a number of new players, we did fantastically. If the season had lasted till June we'd have ended up winning the league by 10 points IMHO.

Watch us go next year!

jimharri said:
Didn't you read the papers/watch the telly/listen to Talksport? Liverpool were better.

This.
We were probably third best if you factor in Crystal Palace's awe-inspiring revival under the maestro.

What will really annoy me next season is that there will be no pressure from the press or pundits for the likes of the rags, Chelsea or Liverpool to step up their performance from that of last season to wrestle the title off us. Yet in contrast we'll be getting pressure piled on to surpass what we've achieved already.

What will really annoy me next season is that there will be no pressure from the press or pundits for the likes of the rags, Chelsea or Liverpool to step up their performance from that of last season to wrestle the title off us. Yet in contrast we'll be getting pressure piled on to surpass what we've achieved already.

jimharri said:
Didn't you read the papers/watch the telly/listen to Talksport? Liverpool were better.

This is what the sidebar in Wikipedia will say from now on..

nkxtqdd.png

MaxCityBlue said:

City will cope with the pressure as we have been doing for an awful long time now.

Rammy Blue said:
We'd have been better if we had Ramsey.

Disagree, Pellers managed this team perfectly. Nice guy and all but footballs moved on from 66.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.