How good was last season's City?

To me this was better than 2012 . Got to say it was privilege to watch the City boys this season . Can`t wait to get the DVD of this season .

Stoned Rose said:
Last season was the best I've ever seen from us.

Had we not had the pretty horrendous early season away form, suffered injuries to key men (and important squad players) and had our proper spine out there more often I think we'd have beaten Chelsea's 95 point record and won the league by 7 or more points.

Next season if we strengthen in defensive midfield, at centre back, get reliable cover for Zab and keep Aguero injury free we'll be a truly remarkable side and could with a bit of luck and a level playing field from the officials win the CL. If this season's Chelsea can get to the semis I see no reason at all why we couldn't go at least that far.
It makes you wonder, doesn't it? 4 points out of our first 6 away games. Even if we'd only accrued a middling return (say, another 5 points, making 9), those last 3 or 4 weeks would have been so much less (does that even make sense?) nerve shredding. Hopefully, now we don't have a new manager to bed in, we can hit the ground running on our travels next season.

was awesome, crowd wasnt as good as 2012 tho, thats what needs to happen in 2014-15, we need to get this shit popppin

I think that the only way for a marginally supported team like us to get any sort of national credit, would be if we were able to produce a fulcrum of homegrown players who went on to achieve success at the highest level. This shows hard work, blood, sweat and tears. The sort of thing that the British mentality respects.

Right now, we are just likkle city. The club with empty seats and inflatable bananas, throwing arab money at the deficiencies in our squad. The polar opposite to poor old Brendan, with his plucky little squad of no hopers. Moulding and shaping them into a team with his bare hands. Working on a shoe-string budget with the likes of Flannagan and Sterling who he discovered living in the bins behind a pizza hut. Well done, Brendan. The peoples manager of the year.

Following Everton's brilliant first goal, we calmly got on with the game and quickly went 3-1 up. That's how good we were!!!

Attacking wise I don't think it could ever get any better. It was just breathtaking. Re-watched a few games from the season (United, Spurs, NU, Arsenal @ home, West Ham(coc), Spurs away) and it really was amazing how well we played. Defensively we were pretty poor early one but finished really strong so in that respect I think next season we can see a really strong defense to go along with the brilliant attacking football we saw this year. Another season of 100+ PL goals is probably too much to hope for.

Our form & performances from Mackams away was superb. Replicate that over the whole of next season & we could win it again. Last season was a fantastic success :
CHAMPIONS
CUP WiNNERS
102 Goals
7-1 v Raggies
11-1 v Spuds
14-1 v Wet Spam
Euro - Trips
Wee Davy
This Charming Man
YaYa

The club is developing on every level including some we probably neither know about or understand. What a time to be Blue & it could get even better. We must do our bit by being as good off the pitch as the team are on it - That's our part of the contract,it's also our duty. Manchester thanks Sheik Mansour.

Pellers took us to the next level from the other manager.

Plus, it will only get better

Living the dream

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.