How good was Maradona?

He was incredible to watch but let’s be honest the guy was as high as a kite. If he’s taking coke before games you can bet he’s on some kind of enhancement too.

sadly we will never know how good he really was. On face value the best player ever to play the game

The very best in my opinion,touch,strength,balance,speed...awesome talent...
Before I start let me make it clear I hate those rag bastards as much as anyone.
However,all the attributes mentioned above could also apply to George Best. Having seen them both in the flesh,I couldn't choose one from the other,in fact,imho,Best was more two-footed. Also,I agree Maradona got some rough treatment,but when you consider some of the defenders around when he was at his peak,so did Best,and refs were much more lenient then.
Both flawed,both great players,and to save you all the trouble

RAG.

Probably have been a few yards slower if he wasn’t playing in the snow before most matches.

He inhabits a football universe that only he lives in. Everyone else is/was/will be light years behind him. The greatest ever. Bar none. Dragged Napoli to 2 scudetti, won the UEFA cup with them and topped the lot off with the '86 World Cup. All whilst being completely off his napper and banging anything and everything in sight. The banner at Napoli cemetery the day after they won their 1st ever title, "you don't know what you've missed".
You_dont_know_375_281_86.jpg

I have never watched him live since he played before my time but I want to now for fellow bluemooners who have seen him play. Was he as good as Messi is now?
I have watched youtube highlights and frankly I think Messi is better imo. The defenders looked awful in the highlights.
Thoughts?
He was like Adrian Heath but had a bigger physic

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.