How good was Nig tonight (again)?!

I didn't think he was great, but not shit either. What he always does is give us 100% percent and its hard to criticize him. Was definitely not his fault we lost. He is still way to limited to be playing in many games, and in 4-4-2 I think.

Thats why I would never rank him as a world class midfielder ever. He can be world class at the few things but overall its not enough in most matches. He can be very effective when we need him in that specific defensive role. I wish he had some offensive fibers and would able to pass.

What is probably quantified on some site or other is the number of opposition attacks Nige has eradicated. But breaking down an attack and setting up the first pass of your own attack does light the blue touch paper for a lot of people.

He is not the total player but it is a team game. He does what he does better than most and that makes him world class. He admits that that is his game, and he gets greater satisfaction from blunting an attack than smacking in a thirty yarder.

One of the reasons why England won the World Cup in 66 was the inclusion of the tackling machine Gobby Nobby. He might be RedShite but he added an immeasurable part to the England whole and I think that is what Nige does. Give him partnership with a working Stevie Ireland, Michael Johnson or a 25 year old PaddyWhack and you will have a formidable pairing.

BlueSinclair said:
I didn't think he was great, but not shit either. What he always does is give us 100% percent and its hard to criticize him. Was definitely not his fault we lost. He is still way to limited to be playing in many games, and in 4-4-2 I think.

Thats why I would never rank him as a world class midfielder ever. He can be world class at the few things but overall its not enough in most matches. He can be very effective when we need him in that specific defensive role. I wish he had some offensive fibers and would able to pass.

And that lies our conundrum. Its an enigma, to me, why he does not bring out the best in his teammates most of the time!
Our losing stats don't lie.<br /><br />-- Thu May 06, 2010 6:37 am --<br /><br />
uwe282828 said:
made a few good tackles,but overall i thought he was shit
never created a single chance for our front four never looked like scoring in a game we had to win.
look at the stats when nige plays we lose

Totally agree with you except that shit part!

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
What is probably quantified on some site or other is the number of opposition attacks Nige has eradicated. But breaking down an attack and setting up the first pass of your own attack does light the blue touch paper for a lot of people.

He is not the total player but it is a team game. He does what he does better than most and that makes him world class. He admits that that is his game, and he gets greater satisfaction from blunting an attack than smacking in a thirty yarder.

One of the reasons why England won the World Cup in 66 was the inclusion of the tackling machine Gobby Nobby. He might be RedShite but he added an immeasurable part to the England whole and I think that is what Nige does. Give him partnership with a working Stevie Ireland, Michael Johnson or a 25 year old PaddyWhack and you will have a formidable pairing.
100% spot on mate, we need a playmaker with ndj in the middle

De Jong is good at what he does but what he can do is pretty limited.

That's fine if you have players around him that can do the other things but it's asking alot of his midfield partner in a 2 man midfield. A quality 3 man centre midfield would be something like...

-----------Kaka------------

-----Barry------De Jong----

(Just using Kaka as he's probably the epitome of that attacking midfield playmaker)

...but then you'd probably be forced to either play Tevez up top on his own, sacrifice a wide man to play 2 up top or... drop him. I actually prefer the 4-2-3-1 formation but Im not sure it suits Tevez, who I never want to leave the club!

Interested in the Nobby Stiles comparison. The poster is right Nobby was an important component of the 66 team, however they played without orthodox wide men - Peters and Ball with Charlton in between and Stiles as DM

So I think the problem is how to accomodate Nige given his limitations, I personally believe RM will change the whole shape next season with his own signings in place - not too sure this will include Nige.

Interesting times as the Chinese would say

uwe282828 said:
made a few good tackles,but overall i thought he was shit
never created a single chance for our front four never looked like scoring in a game we had to win.
look at the stats when nige plays we lose

54aogi.jpg

NDJ was immense last night and has been all season.

Is he too one dimensional to play in a four man midfield at home though?

Nigel is a crowd favourite because of his all action style ,but he is not the answer ,he lacks guile and struggles to find a pass .
I thought he did well last night but we really need a Viera from ten years ago to progress .
Saw paul Dicov after the game ,he told me something that all City fans will be pleased about .I think most of you will guess what it is.

-- Thu May 06, 2010 11:58 am --

Nigel is a crowd favourite because of his all action style ,but he is not the answer ,he lacks guile and struggles to find a pass .
I thought he did well last night but we really need a Viera from ten years ago to progress .
Saw paul Dicov after the game ,he told me something that all City fans will be pleased about .I think most of you will guess what it is.<br /><br />-- Thu May 06, 2010 11:58 am --<br /><br />Nigel is a crowd favourite because of his all action style ,but he is not the answer ,he lacks guile and struggles to find a pass .
Saw paul Dicov after the game ,he told me something that all City fans will be pleased about .I think most of you will guess what it is.

gordo eddie said:

Jo will be back next year?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.