How good was Nig tonight (again)?!

burntnorton said:
The man is a world class midfielder, and I don't say that lightly. He was everywhere tonight. His first touch is greatly underrated by some one here, but when the ball ricochets to him, it seems to stick. And how cheaky was his chip for SWP? I fully believe the man would be first choice at any club in the league, bar maybe Chelsea with a fit Essien.
The man saves his best matches for the big ones, and despite all the doom and gloom on here tonight, the upside is that with Nig, Vinnie, Carlos and Hart/Given, we have a bloody decent spine.
CTID

In all our big games this season De Jong has been our best player if not the best player on the pitch. He is totally under control and is unphased by any player or team, he rises to the occasion. He is exactly the same, if not better, for Holland when he has better players around him too. So the future looks good for us with him as our midfield rock (just get Stevan Jovetic to play as our attacking/creative midfielder in front of him and see how we improve!!)

He's probably our best player! Future captain???

And how can anyone say when he plays we lose?:
v Arsenal (4-2) played
v West Ham (3-1) played
@ Villa (1-1) played
@ Wigan (1-1) played
v Fulham (1-1) played
@ Liverpool (2-2) played
v Hull (1-1) played
v Chelsea (2-1) played - MOTM (against the best team in the country)
v Stoke (2-0) played
v Wolves (3-0) played
v Blackburn (4-1) played
v Portsmouth (2-0) played
v Bolton (2-0) played
@ Stoke (1-1) played
v Liverpool (0-0) played, MOTM
@ Chelsea (4-2) played, my MOTM
@ Sunderland (1-1) played
v Wigan (3-0) played
v Birmingham (5-1) played
@ Arsenal (0-0) played, arguably MOTM with Kompany
v Villa (3-1) played, MOTM
---that's 45 of our 66 points De Jong has been part of!---

Captain ? Hell no. Its weird how he have escaped all the stick after he said city was just a small stepping stone towards a bigger club. How sad is that? He should be hanged after that comment, instead people ignored it and love him. Its weird how scapegoats are created, they have absolutely no facts or truth to them.

burntnorton said:
The man is a world class midfielder, and I don't say that lightly. He was everywhere tonight. His first touch is greatly underrated by some one here, but when the ball ricochets to him, it seems to stick. And how cheaky was his chip for SWP? I fully believe the man would be first choice at any club in the league, bar maybe Chelsea with a fit Essien.
The man saves his best matches for the big ones, and despite all the doom and gloom on here tonight, the upside is that with Nig, Vinnie, Carlos and Hart/Given, we have a bloody decent spine.
CTID
He's too limited to be world class. DM as a position is self limiting in the sense that it's normallu given to a player who isn't quite a centre back (for one reason or another), but who also doesn't have the necessary ball skills and footballing ability to be a central midfielder.

When a player can sit in that role and orchestrate attacks and/or still have a creative influence on the game, whilt providing the required cover for the defence, then he can be called world class.

I think he's ordinary, fades badly and shouldn't be a regular in a balanced squad. Spuds didn't play Palacios last night and they were away, a draw would have suited them. The big hole in our team has been in the middle all season, not De Jong's fault but he's one for every week.
People should wake up to his limitations and not be too suprised when Mancini brings 3 or 4 central mids in, we need numbers in this department badly!

The best bit about NDJ is that he has got better as the season has gone on. Last season I wasn't impressed with him TBH. In the beginning he was a little too static and didn't move around the pitch too well, often slowing us down. Under Mancini he has become so much more mobile.

He is going to be a mainstay at City for years to come and IMO is part our our 'spine'. Whoever comes in during the summer will be to play alongside Big Nige, not to replace him.

His shooting needs a bit of practice mind

uwe282828 said:
made a few good tackles,but overall i thought he was shit
never created a single chance for our front four never looked like scoring in a game we had to win.
look at the stats when nige plays we lose

there's too many people who talk utter shite on here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.