How good was Spanish Dave?

Silva had a calmness to him when others would panic. When multiple defenders closed in on him that's when he felt the most at home. He had this magical ability thats hard to describe. In the premier league when a defender closes in on a skilled dribbler the player usually ends up on the ground with a push in the back as the player shields the ball.

With silva somehow the defender would rush him and end up not even touching him. Not only would they not be able to touch him but he would be past them teeing up a dime ball after teasing them out of place.

A skill that doesn't always lead to stats but almost always leads to wins.

Am sorry but you are wrong..yes David was wonderful, but The King was better..in defence, and goals, not in assists but a more rounded player.. will never see the like in my lifetime..cropped in his prime by a rag..love that man.. can not think of a midfielder who had all the skills he had..if there was one player who Pep would play from that era it would be The King for sure. He was the best .
i never saw colin in the flesh play so will bow to your knowledge, merlin is defo the best city player i've ever seen
but from what i have seen colin was more a gerrard type player box to box if you like
merlin undoubtedly a more technically gifted player and was tougher than most gave credit for
we are lucky to have both as blues

Am sorry but you are wrong..yes David was wonderful, but The King was better..in defence, and goals, not in assists but a more rounded player.. will never see the like in my lifetime..cropped in his prime by a rag..love that man.. can not think of a midfielder who had all the skills he had..if there was one player who Pep would play from that era it would be The King for sure. He was the best .
Always difficult to compare players from different era's , one question would settle it for me. Could either player swap era's and play in those teams , i think King Col would slot in seamlessly into a Pep side and modern day football , Merlin would be kicked from pillar to post in the Bell era of 60's-70's and would spend more time injured than playing , Chopper Harris , Dave Mackay and a few other animals would have ended Merlin's career.

i never saw colin in the flesh play so will bow to your knowledge, merlin is defo the best city player i've ever seen
but from what i have seen colin was more a gerrard type player box to box if you like
merlin undoubtedly a more technically gifted player and was tougher than most gave credit for
we are lucky to have both as blues
I saw em both and never thought i’d see a better player for us than King Colin but David Silva is for me, it’s all about opinions of course.

I saw em both and never thought i’d see a better player for us than King Colin but David Silva is for me, it’s all about opinions of course.
Same here, never thought anyone could ever surpass Colin Bell but then along came David Silva and Yaya Toure.

Silva is, though, unquestionably the greatest I've ever seen for any club in England, not just ours.. and I've seen many great, beautiful players downs the years from John 'The Ghost' White at Spurs through Bobby Charlton across town and Bobby Moore at West Ham and on to Thierry Henry at Arsenal and Gianfranco Zola at Chelsea.. and so on and so on.

David Silva was not only 'good' though! He was 'cool'.. and in years to come I hope all Blues can pass on to the succeeding generations just how 'cool' he was.. in fact, he was cooler than the coolest part of a freezer set to Absolute Zero at the South Pole, that's how 'cool' a player he was..!

I’ve listed one of my David Silva paintings on eBay for anyone interested, there’s also 3 other City paintings for sale listed. I’ll be adding a few more in the next couple of weeks. Thanks

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.