How important to you is it Sergio gets the record?

Sergio wants it so i want it for him
6yrs
No trouble
93:20
The best striker ever in blue,he deserves to go down in the record books for goals scored
Simples

Gone backwards since January ended.

Inconsistent & unconvincing again

Still lacks the vision,finishing & football intelligence to be an elite player.

Decent squadie,no more.

This post sums it all up for me.

Sterling is a good player, but he's not elite and I'm not sure he ever will be. He has his faults, yes, but I'd only be looking to replace him with an absolute world class talent like Sanchez and he's more than good enough to have a place in any title challenging squad.

However...

He's had a good season overall despite dropping off the last couple of months and there's only a couple of players that are up there with him, and that's Silva and Aguero, purely for his goal scoring.

What I find really disturbing is the underlying dislike, distain and even hate some posters seem to have against him. When you read posts from the likes of Meeesh and the one I've quote from CPB there's just something there that doesn't sit right with me. A dismissive tone where no matter what he does they will never accept him.

At worst Sterling is a top 4 challenger level player, and at his best he can be one of the best players on the field in a high stakes Champions League game.

The power of the media is so strong that when they choose a target it really has a huge impact on how people view them. It's completely irrational that Sterling this season would still be one of the biggest targets and yet you read some comments and you'd think he'd had a season like Bravo. It's actually completely frightening when you think about it.

I'm convinced that if Jesus came down to earth and started fixing the world's problems but the media laid into him 24/7 with a negative agenda that there would be posters on here and everywhere else calling him a wanker and a fraud.

He was city's best player going in to April, the dip has come from a knock and lack of playing time because of it, unfortunately those who stamped there original flag see this as opportunity to gain some credibility back....

He has been run into the ground by having extremely poor options behind, again, people will learn how good he is next year when he goes up another notch because we've acquired an actual functioning right back...

As for Aguero, it's entirely up to him.......

Amen! The revisionism is staggering!

Would like him to have it of course, but won't be particularly bothered if he doesn't. For me the most impressive one is the goals-per-minute ratio he has; that's a direct comparison to other great players whereas no doubt others could dismiss his record at City for being "only at City" - if he leaves the league as the best ever goals-per-minute goalscorer then he'll leave little to debate about how good he is - as he at least deserves to be remembered as one of the PL greats.

Sterling is a good player, but he's not elite and I'm not sure he ever will be. He has his faults, yes, but I'd only be looking to replace him with an absolute world class talent like Sanchez and he's more than good enough to have a place in any title challenging squad.

However...

He's had a good season overall despite dropping off the last couple of months and there's only a couple of players that are up there with him, and that's Silva and Aguero, purely for his goal scoring.

What I find really disturbing is the underlying dislike, distain and even hate some posters seem to have against him. When you read posts from the likes of Meeesh and the one I've quote from CPB there's just something there that doesn't sit right with me. A dismissive tone where no matter what he does they will never accept him.

At worst Sterling is a top 4 challenger level player, and at his best he can be one of the best players on the field in a high stakes Champions League game.

The power of the media is so strong that when they choose a target it really has a huge impact on how people view them. It's completely irrational that Sterling this season would still be one of the biggest targets and yet you read some comments and you'd think he'd had a season like Bravo. It's actually completely frightening when you think about it.

I'm convinced that if Jesus came down to earth and started fixing the world's problems but the media laid into him 24/7 with a negative agenda that there would be posters on here and everywhere else calling him a wanker and a fraud.

Well I'm here to defend why I say what I say,I'm always open for debate but the problem is here is quite simple,first things first I don't hate him,the posters backing him to the hilt are caught up in their own hype about him,he's let you down,as well as the sceptics amongst us.

You can count on one bloody hand how many good games he has had this season,one hand,but as 3 of them where "big games" that is all you have to cling onto.

I won't deny he has had a bit of harsh treatment off referees with decisions,but the team as a whole has all season,so that's that point covered.

I go,with my season ticket (not aways too much) but we always available to see on TV,and witness every time he plays,and what I see has not impressed me at all,either on the left or the right.

He gets dropped,then the Sterling defence gang start to say it's because he's had a knock,or not fully fit,absolute bullshit clutching at straws again,to mask the poor form of the guy,you are kidding yourselves at thinking he has been better than last season,where the truth is he hasn't,it is pretty similair,but MP got slated for it last season,so whose fault is it this time then ? Pep's ? Try looking at the player himself for the answer.

People are quick on here to jump in and put up their line of defence for him,but plenty also agree with me,my pm box is testament to that,it is all about opinions,and I'm entitled to mine as a paying customer.

So like I say,I don't hate him,I hope for the best from him every game,even again tomorrow lunchtime (if he's picked) but am I hopeful of that....well Palace,mmm,maybe he can have a run at Martin Kelly and look good for a change,we shall see,but I ain't holding my breath

However...

Another cracking post and the highlighted bit absolutely nails it. It's the weirdly personal nature of the way some people talk about him. Almost as if he still plays for Liverpool and therefore no matter what he does he needs to be damned with faint praise at best and hung drawn and quartered every time he doesn't beat six men before powering a shot into the top corner.

It's also staggering how this minority then seem shocked that one of our best players is having his performances this season defended by other City supporters. Again it's like he still plays for Liverpool and we should all fall in line and blindly slag him off because that's apparently the "objective" thing to do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.