How is everyone coping?

Really sorry to hear this, you seem like a decent guy. My advice for what it’s worth is to not be hasty but to be looking around for something else and you might have to consider a different type of job. Don’t know your pay scale and I’m not asking but would a starting point be to look at that and see what other opportunities might be available?

I am trying not to be hasty but this is the second day of strimming in this heat and cuts fucking hard. Particularly when I know the person who was employed to do the same job as me has admitted she isnt strong enough to do it
So they change her job to non heavy work, whilst I am strimming and my back feels broken. She is probably back at the yard drinking tea with the boss :(

I need to keep posting in here every time my mate has a fag break stops me going mad !

I was made redundant in May after 13 yrs in my job started at the bottom and worked my way up gave it my best shot everyday.Company came to us at the beginning of March to announce redundancies i jumped at it mainly because at 52 i am no longer ambitious and was fed up getting up at 3.30 in the morning along with the office politics.
I got a good package however i never thought i would struggle to get another job as i am.I am applying for jobs that are just jobs no stress or responsibility as i made up my mind a couple of years ago after 4 family deaths in 6 months needed counselling as i could not cope. One of who was my neice which hit me hard as we used to baby sit and grew up with my daughter life is to short to worry about work.I must admit not getting past the interview stage because you are over qualified can be disheartening and i have had some dark moments where i have thought about not being around luckily my wife can spot when im down and gets me to open up which always makes me feel better.She always is very supportive and her great mantra is better to be skint and happythan rolling in it and miserable.Just when u least expect it something good will happen.Well yesterday out of the blue a company i used to deal with the manager called me and asked if i was looking for a job we had a chat and the upshot is i should be starting in a couple of weeks all being well.All i can add is anyone who is feeling down do not bottle it up speak to some one be it doctor, family member,friend or stranger.It will help bottling it up and having it pecking your head will not.Got to learn to talk to people and that is what you would say to one of your mates if they were feeling down.
Good luck with the new job mate.

I'm a bit up and down, I shouldn't really as have a steady job, loving wife, two great kids and the best football team. I suspect it's in the most part from ongoing neck and back pain and frustration around Covid, family and travel. Hearing others problems make mine seem insignificant, but I'll be honest in saying I think we're all struggling one way or another right now

Looking forward to getting back to City as it gives you a chance to let of steam/ vent frustration.

I hope you all find what works for you and best to talk to someone rather than bottle it up

It’s like a fucking nut house this place. How are you Swp. Long time no row.
I know, we’re doing something wrong.

I’m alright, on day 7 of a 15 day hotel quarantine so getting a bit restless. But other than that I’m ok. And you?

I know, we’re doing something wrong.

I’m alright, on day 7 of a 15 day hotel quarantine so getting a bit restless. But other than that I’m ok. And you?

yes suppose so - sweating my arse off on site on Deansgate while the family are on holiday. Lovely to chat you ****.

Really really struggling now. Some times feel like giving up, I dont see a future.

Work is a fucking nightmare. Boss does sod all and says its down to us to find out own work to do.
I have never worked where there is no structure.
When I was a boss I would set out the daily and weekly work so everyone knew what they were doing.

We have no risk assessment, cosh, etc, no job specs.

At this place we are to find our own work, but it has to be the hard, sometimes heavy work. The lady member of the team has been told she doesn't need to do these as she said she cant use strimmers, hand tools, etc so does litter picking and weeding.
Most of the time she is on her phone or chatting to her mates in town when litter picking

Work are now going to demote me because I dont find the 2 lads or myself work !.

I have had enough of this bull shit, I have about 30k and am thinking of just walking away. I really hate the place.
I just want to roll up into a ball and cry my eyes out. I am 60 and hate my working life.
Its affecting my home life to as I dont speak much.

I know some people are worst if than me, but it dorsnt help me !.

I am in tears just writing this before going to work. I feel so lonely, I miss my mum and dad like crazy. My missus doesnt know what to say ir do and I find myself snapping at her when I dont mean to . I love her .

Sorry to rant again
Where there is doubt there is no doubt. Walk away. Today. You will feel liberated and your mind will stop releasing all the chemicals that are causing you stress and distress. Your boss won’t change. You must. Walk. And do it today. Tomorrow will be a beautiful day for you. Go and do it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.