How long have you been a City fan?

probably 1970 but had to settle with going to bury for couple of matches before i was deemed worthy ...first season ticket 1974 too young to go to swamp for law,s back heel tho! but was at wembley for win over newcastle in 76, we need to win cup final this year for all the younger blues who havent tasted victory yet.

First official match early 1974 home to Spurs for my tenth birthday. But fan since about the age of seven. My dad took me to Spurs but he hated football. Sat in the Main Stand, he shouted a lot because others seem to be doing the same, so when in Rome. Everyone smoked tabs and swore a lot. Remember starring at the Kippax for most of the game and thinking you must be dead hard to go in their. Plus the game was in colour which was a bonus. Think the score was 0-0, but for some bizzare reason I was hooked big time. Think the crowd was about 24+. Does anyone no the stats for the above, memory hazy.

Since birth. I was born blue. Doctor slapped me so I slapped him back. Now I'm black but inside i'm blue!!!............ That's deep dude!

I'm out the door....

Well over 50 years. Standing naked in a laundrette at 5 in the morning on the way to Upton Park drying my clothes. Getting into Wembley for nothing v West Brom. The Battle of Bramall Lane, sitting next to Blg Helens bell at Reading 7-0 and getting Mike Doyles shinpads. Covered in Bandages after an accident at OT 3-1 was that big Georgies first goal that season. Selling the tele and glass coffee table to go to Juventus lost 2-0, telling the wife the dog smashed them. Thumbing to Pompey for a friendly and getting there three days early. Climbing over the wall at Filbert Street for a cup replay, thanks Nelly (rip). Expelled for going to Wolves for a cup replay,replay against Everton.
Seems like everyone has a story behind their love for City. Loyal Fans ? or just complete nutters ?

ccr said:
Well over 50 years. Standing naked in a laundrette at 5 in the morning on the way to Upton Park drying my clothes. Getting into Wembley for nothing v West Brom. The Battle of Bramall Lane, sitting next to Blg Helens bell at Reading 7-0 and getting Mike Doyles shinpads. Covered in Bandages after an accident at OT 3-1 was that big Georgies first goal that season. Selling the tele and glass coffee table to go to Juventus lost 2-0, telling the wife the dog smashed them. Thumbing to Pompey for a friendly and getting there three days early. Climbing over the wall at Filbert Street for a cup replay, thanks Nelly (rip). Expelled for going to Wolves for a cup replay,replay against Everton.
Seems like everyone has a story behind their love for City. Loyal Fans ? or just complete nutters ?

Wow
I had forgotten the battle of Bramhall Lane, we took over thier kop and defended from the high ground there was hell to play all through the match even had a report in the "Pink" about it, I was all of 15 in an american combat jacket should have brought a helmet that day.

First game was at home to West Brom in 1968, we won 5-1. My grandad took me to the game in the North stand and couldn't see a bloody thing until a bloke next to me looked down, picked me up and sat me on his shoulders for the whole of the second half.

I was 6 yrs old.

Been through thick and thin since but, as we all know, you have to be a glutton for punishment to support City.

CTID

About 66/67 was 9 or 10 at the time. Just an awkward bastard at school so soon recognise reds - loads of 'em in salford. Iwasn't gonna do that and so the rest is obsessive compulsive history. Went to my first game in 72 against Derby if my cloudy, sativa influencrd memory serves me right (wouldn't count on it though).
Went to '74 and '76 finals.

ahh sweet memories.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.