How long have you been a City fan?

My first ever City match was the final home game against Crystal Palace (1972/73 season) aged 10. Palace got relegated but still won 3-2. Franny Lee got two pens (I think!). The following season I went to loads of games - I was hooked.

Had been to United a few times before City, due to living in Old Trafford (still do!) - but it didn't grab me. Thank God.

ooh vonky vonky said:
since 1977

I was seven and dragged along to watch some bloke make a comeback from injury.
It turned out to be Colin Bells comeback (against Newcastle I think?)

My only real memory of that game is of sitting on the wooden bench seats in the Platt lane... freezing my nuts off.

A few years later I became a season ticket holder and was off to Wembley (81 cup final) and I thought this is easy this 'being a City fan lark'

little did I know what kind of journey was ahead................

Hey.... I'm the original Oohvonkyvonky.... What's going on here??

Coincidentally I was born 1977.... Born a blue, Die a blue.

Oohvonkyvonky said:
ooh vonky vonky said:
since 1977

I was seven and dragged along to watch some bloke make a comeback from injury.
It turned out to be Colin Bells comeback (against Newcastle I think?)

My only real memory of that game is of sitting on the wooden bench seats in the Platt lane... freezing my nuts off.

A few years later I became a season ticket holder and was off to Wembley (81 cup final) and I thought this is easy this 'being a City fan lark'

little did I know what kind of journey was ahead................

Hey.... I'm the original Oohvonkyvonky.... What's going on here??

Coincidentally I was born 1977.... Born a blue, Die a blue.

similar for me - '75 '76 season taken by a guy who worked for my best mates dad. sitting in the platt lane in the wooden benches which were painted maroon. We were playing villa.... clearly I thought they were us and we were them until I was told to shut up shouting at the wrong bits!
season ticket from the next season when I started going with my brother and his mate and never looked back.......well, possibly the occasional glance over the shoulder!

(and wasn't it "ooooh vonky wonky"?)

1969 !!! 12yrs old got the bus from swinton to dilly them spesh to ground and still had change from a quid !!!! hahaha

i have been a city fan since 1963 through the good years & not so good years but i would not change it for the world
true blue forever

First match was home to Everton in 1961 I think. I was 7.

Denis Law played. I remember we won 2-1 and can just about remember one of the goals (Colin Barlow?) going in at the scoreboard end - no such thing as a North Stand then.

Everything else is a blurr, but I was hooked from the first minute!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.