How long have you been a City fan?

Kolarov's Left Foot said:
Since the new owners took over and it looked liked we might start winning things. It was Arsenal before then but glad i changed as they haven't won anything now for 6 years. Glad i joined this cup scheme.

brilliant.

Myself, only 4 or 5 years. No specific landmark moment for me to call on I'm afraid. Been with my girl for about 8 years now and she's born n bred City.

I used to go to Rovers games as a kid (Auntie was a die hard), and got back into footy when I had to give up American Footy (injury).

Followed Rovers as an adult for a few years but not with the same passion as my brother and his pals.

Not long after meeting the gf it was obvious there was an extra member in the relationship that I could either try and beat (pointless) or join..

Only been a SC holder for a season, but have attended many games over the past few years (but not the Hamburg game, which the missus keeps referring to when "best atmosphere" ever comes up - great!).

Now I'm as passionate as she is, which I didn't think would happen all those years ago, if I'm honest.

Unusual story if you think about it - is it not meant to be male vs female??

Wouldn't want it any other way tho - City is fast becoming my main subject of conversation (and main train of thought!!)

:O)

Only started following us properly in 2001, surprisingly after the ipswich game which saw us relegated from the premiership :/

Impeccable said:
i went to rotherham said:
1957, cant remember the game (not surprising!)

Did you go to Rotherham when we won 1-0 ... ?
Did the name give it away?
Wagged school for the first time to go to that match, will never forget the pitch invasion after the final whistle!

I was probably a Blue a year or two before (I can't remember much about my childhood tbh other than getting a blue kit for Christmas one year when my brother got a red), but 28th February 1976 sealed it for me. Dennis Tueart's overhead kick to win the League Cup final. I was nine.

I've two kids now and neither of them will remember a time when they didn't support City :-)

First game Maine Road 1996 i think, City vs Sheffield Weds won 3 - 2 can hardly remember i've just turned 22 but fell in love with the club way back then and it just keeps getting better and better!! Only this season started going away games consistently and love it bin a regular at home games for 15 years now and still miss Maine road!! CTID!!!

cant remember my first game but went up until end of 1999 season, then my sister got my season ticket (parents making things fair) i got to go to wembley so she got the season ticket for the next season.

got back into it in 2006 and been hooked again ever since.

City signed Åge Hareide from my local team in Norway.

True blue ever since.

Moved to Manchester in 2002 to follow the boys in every match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.