How long have you been a City fan?

first game was against Derby county at maine road when i was about 5 or 6
first away game was West Brom when i was about 8?
cant remember that well
but my first game at COMS was the season opener against Fulham in 2004

so id say iv been a city fan for a good 14 years lol!
the shit iv got at school for supporting them! i dont care
at least i actually go see my team!! ;P

First game was a 2-1 loss at home to Swindon in 1965 in old second division. Uncle took me and ground was deserted. I was 8 and a half. Dad didn't do football only rugby league (Warrington). So it must be 46 years. Can't do wembley as simmer frames in for service.

1st game -

English Division 1 (old) Sa 14Mar 1987 Man City 1 - 2 Chelsea

Bright sunny day, stood at the front of the Kippax. Hardly watched the game just kept looking round and thinking, wow!

From what I remember it was not a great game, Chelsea went and ahead and Barnes (IIRC) levelled. City buckled (think it might have been Dixon and Speedie up front for them, not a bad pairing in those days).

So not a winning start for me, but from that moment it was the Sky Blues all the way.

Went with my, then, boyfirned, later husband, to my first match in 1959, City played Spurs and lost 1 nil, but I absolutely loved the game and the atmosphere, my family were Reds and could not believe that I had been to City, but I became a Blue and until last year, through illness, held a season ticket. Never regreted a day of being a supporter.

City fan for as long as I can remember

first game in '77

seen us win nowt, wouldnt change a thing.

anyone can follow success but success is so much sweeter for those that have suffered.

since birth in 64 because my mum would have been indoctrinating me from that point onwards.
under my own steam i would say early to mid 70's when i started to go to a few games.
and solidly from 82-83 season onwards

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.