How (long) will Ten Hag last at United? / Save Poundland Pep Part 2

Everton and Leicester away for Pep were similar.

Similar results but overall we were in the top 4 and showing positive signs of evolving the way we play. We were just a couple of full backs short of winning the league with an all time record points total.

United by comparison look completely lost and at their worst for decades. Genuinely look like they need double digit new signings to even get a whiff of a title challenge which just isn’t going to happen.

I thought pounland was a good appointment for them, but always couple that with they needed to acknowledge that he would need time to change how they play and accept that they might not be winning anything for a while. Unfortunately, most rags I talked with seemed to be onboard with that… luckily they they have made such a right feck up of these first few games that the pressure has now been piled on straight away. Add to that the mess of things they seem to be making in the transfer market and he could well be gone by the World Cup! Nice!

I thought pounland was a good appointment for them, but always couple that with they needed to acknowledge that he would need time to change how they play and accept that they might not be winning anything for a while. Unfortunately, most rags I talked with seemed to be onboard with that… luckily they they have made such a right feck up of these first few games that the pressure has now been piled on straight away. Add to that the mess of things they seem to be making in the transfer market and he could well be gone by the World Cup! Nice!
You can either get a new manager or a new team. Pep didn't have the right wingbacks or goalkeeper in his first season, but you could see the rest of the team starting to adapt quickly enough. Problem for Poundshop is who do you trust to build a team around? And what evidence do we have that he should be the person that the club trusts to do it?

You can either get a new manager or a new team. Pep didn't have the right wingbacks or goalkeeper in his first season, but you could see the rest of the team starting to adapt quickly enough. Problem for Poundshop is who do you trust to build a team around? And what evidence do we have that he should be the person that the club trusts to do it?

We were supposedly interested in Maguire and Fred so they can’t be completely shit, Rashford is massively overrated but there is a bit of a player in there. Fernandes the same. There are definitely a few players that would be fine in a better balanced team/squad (not that I would want any of them here mind you!) but the problem is they have spent big money on them when really they aren’t good enough to be key players for what Poundland wants to do. He needs a complete overhaul and they should have been ready to do that the day he signed on the dotted line - not sure if it is him that has fucked up by wanting to give players another chance, or the club by not being prepared or able to get in the right players, but either way it is great to see.

On Poundland himself, he built a couple of decent sides at Ajax and had them playing a good brand of football. With the scums resources and his team building experience I think he would probably work out in the long term. But yeah they might not be so willing to give him the time and backing they need after giving Solskjaer, who had no pedigree at all, time and money. They keep making the wrong choices at every possible opportunity. Long may it continue

We were supposedly interested in Maguire and Fred so they can’t be completely shit, Rashford is massively overrated but there is a bit of a player in there. Fernandes the same. There are definitely a few players that would be fine in a better balanced team/squad (not that I would want any of them here mind you!) but the problem is they have spent big money on them when really they aren’t good enough to be key players for what Poundland wants to do. He needs a complete overhaul and they should have been ready to do that the day he signed on the dotted line - not sure if it is him that has fucked up by wanting to give players another chance, or the club by not being prepared or able to get in the right players, but either way it is great to see.

On Poundland himself, he built a couple of decent sides at Ajax and had them playing a good brand of football. With the scums resources and his team building experience I think he would probably work out in the long term. But yeah they might not be so willing to give him the time and backing they need after giving Solskjaer, who had no pedigree at all, time and money. They keep making the wrong choices at every possible opportunity. Long may it continue
That's exactly it. I think ETH would have done a decent job taking over at City, for instance, but building an Ajax side with the structure Ajax have in place is totally different to that shit show. I think Fred with some coaching would have been ok at DCM. Maguire I'm less convinced of in terms of playing a high line but we'll never know. But I just think they need to fully commit to the new manager and give him three years and another half a billion, but I honestly don't think they will do that, and life will get harder and harder the longer they are out of the CL. But wrong choice at the wrong time is exactly right.

The problem for them is the whole 'This is Manchester U*ited' shtick is holding them back. They've been dining out on that bollocks since before the Piscan left and they have pretty much worn out their welcome with all but the die hard Rag media whores and militant ex playing staff. Even Camel Gob seems to have had enough.

I agree. Given time and money he would mould them into a decent enough mid table team. We are at least 10 years ahead of them in development and I think now, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea have years on them too. They realistically will be fighting Newcastle, Brighton, Leicester, West Ham once TH gets his own men in place. For now, they are clearly a bottom 6 club and he needs to assemble a team that are willing to work a damn site harder than they showed on Sunday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.