How long will Ten Hag last at United?

All smiles between scruffy Jim and tent peg on the pictures released to the media...

Out of interest, does the compensation a manager would get from being sacked count towards FFP... Cos if it does, I'd imagine his job will be as safe as houses!

Yeah they genuinely wouldn’t be the first club to be up against FFP because they have to pay off a manager several seasons worth of salary at once.

IIRC when Chelsea sacked Mourinho it added a big red £40m to their annual accounts and they had to sell players to get out of trouble.

My opinion is that he is safe to April or the end of the season.
Brexit Jim will want his CEO in, then appoint a director of football.
These two will then discuss the type of game they want to see Trafford play going forward, and draw up a list of potential targets, with a view to having a new manager in place by June.
They will be looking at the current squad and wages, and seeing how many high earners they can ship out (wanting to ship out a 30 year old on £350,000 a week with 3 years left on the contract isn't going to be easy).

My opinion is that he is safe to April or the end of the season.
Brexit Jim will want his CEO in, then appoint a director of football.
These two will then discuss the type of game they want to see Trafford play going forward, and draw up a list of potential targets, with a view to having a new manager in place by June.
They will be looking at the current squad and wages, and seeing how many high earners they can ship out (wanting to ship out a 30 year old on £350,000 a week with 3 years left on the contract isn't going to be easy).
That’s my view and as bad a rep amongst United fans the Glaziers have, they seem smart enough to have a reduced pay off for non-CL qualification.

So a good chance it will be cheaper for them to wait.

Shifting those players is not going to be easy (hopefully Saudi’s don’t help them out) nor is bringing in new without the high wages. Players have choose United due to higher money if paying less or the same they may well see targets going elsewhere.

Can’t help but think INEOS will have one real shot at this, before they start having their hands tied by FFP and the Glaziers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.