How Lucky We Are, Especially Fans That Can Attend Matches

Nobody is "Lucky" to be paying £70 to watch a game of football, in fact it's mad isn't it? What happened to the £30 away tickets and the biggest noticeable difference is the openly blasé way that ticket touts are just out in the open flogging tickets.

Won't be long until the working class roots of football is gone completely.
Away PL tickets are still £30. - Unless you're an FOC (like me) or a youngster.

Nobody is "Lucky" to be paying £70 to watch a game of football, in fact it's mad isn't it? What happened to the £30 away tickets and the biggest noticeable difference is the openly blasé way that ticket touts are just out in the open flogging tickets.

Won't be long until the working class roots of football is gone completely.
I won’t go in to the economics argument for the higher ticket prices, specifically for our club, though, that is my expertise and I could go in to a lot of detail about why we actually are getting value many other clubs aren’t and the sustained revenue/inflation argument based on tight margins for the club.

But I will say I would gladly pay £70 (and have paid not far off that) to go to match. Would gladly pay 100x that now if it meant I could go as I used to do. I used to pay thousands every season to go to nearly every match. When I was still well, after we moved to the US, I would spend 2k+ twice a year to attend games. But I understand the perspective is different for able-bodied people still there looking to attend every match as the budget gets pinched.

I won’t go in to the economics argument for the higher ticket prices, specifically for our club, though, that is my expertise and I could go in to a lot of detail about why we actually are getting value many other clubs aren’t and the sustained revenue/inflation argument based on tight margins for the club.

But I will say I would gladly pay £70 (and have paid not far off that) to go to match. Would gladly pay 100x that now if it meant I could go as I used to do. I used to pay thousands every season to go to nearly every match. When I was still well, after we moved to the US, I would spend 2k+ twice a year to attend games. But I understand the perspective is different for able-bodied people still there looking to attend every match as the budget gets pinched.

You sound homesick mate ;)

You sound homesick mate ;)
That I will freely admit.

As I said before, I would caution those upset to consider the alternatives to allow for lower ticket prices and ask themselves if they would rather those.

If so, fair enough, but I imagine most wouldn’t, when they actually consider it.

I hear Everton are looking for new fans, though! ;-)

I think that it's terrible this booing malarkey. But it's nothing new. If I'm not mistaken a lot of fans would be booing at our champions league games - before we'd even kicked-off! Entitled JCL's probably.

I think that it's terrible this booing malarkey. But it's nothing new. If I'm not mistaken a lot of fans would be booing at our champions league games - before we'd even kicked-off! Entitled JCL's probably.
You are Aleksander Ceferin and I claim my 2021 CL Final replay!

But I will say I would gladly pay £70 (and have paid not far off that) to go to match. Would gladly pay 100x that now if it meant I could go as I used to do. I used to pay thousands every season to go to nearly every match. When I was still well, after we moved to the US, I would spend 2k+ twice a year to attend games. But I understand the perspective is different for able-bodied people still there looking to attend every match as the budget gets pinched
You make good points and having lived in North America myself for many years and seen the costs of attending pro-sport over there, I think Premier League football here, particularly City, is great value. Admittedly I only pay just over £20 a game. If I had to pay nearly £70, which was the price for the Spurs game I might have to think twice about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.