How Lucky We Are, Especially Fans That Can Attend Matches

There are a lot of what I consider very entitled posts flying about the forum tonight, saying the team and Pep deserved the booing at halftime because of the first half performance and the poor run we have been on.

I can’t believe that some people genuinely think that. Especially those lucky enough to be able to attend matches.

I can’t go any more. I live in the US now, but even when I eventually move back I won’t be able to attend, and that kills me every time I think about it. Those that can go are incredibly fortunate, regardless of whether the performance is amazing. I know it’s expensive, the club could improve a lot about the matchday experience (and ticketing system), and it gets more difficult for the midweek matches. I know what that is like—did it for years before we moved abroad. But I would give anything to be able to deal with that shite again.

You really don’t know what you have until it’s gone.

At halftime I said I wasn’t angry but numb, because I was more angry with the ref than anything, and was worried we didn’t have the fight to come back right now, especially with the suspect officiating and the fan reaction at the halftime whistle. Things don’t seem the same as last season in many ways. But the players proved me wrong and we stormed back.

And, beyond all of that, how did some of the people booing make it through the pre-takeover days? It must have been torturous! Or are the ones booing primarily fans that only started following us recently and so have no sense of perspective?

We’re fucking second in the league with 19 games to play (including two against the current leaders), qualified for the knockout stages of the CL with games left, and on to the next round of the FA Cup. We’ve won 4 of the last 5 league titles.

And being in a relatively short bad spell has people booing the team?

Even if none of that is true, we are fucking Manchester City, not the Rags or the Dippers.

I sometimes don’t know who we are anymore based on various comments on here and social media (from people I know are genuine blues).

I genuinely hope most of the booing was at the ref not the team and the comments from a few tonight are a malcontent minority. And, if that is the case, how about we make it clear the ref is a wanker rather than ambiguously booing as the players walk off the pitch.

We are getting regularly fucked over by officials, opposition teams are constantly playing brutal anti-football, and things outside of football are increasingly more difficult. We need to come together, back eachother, and back the team, regardless of the results.

FWIW, I thought Pep was absolutely right in his post-match interview and I hope everyone—players, staff, management, fans—take it as the rallying cry it was.

/rant
It was a smattering of frustrated boos from a small minority of fans which the media have hyped up in their usual dishonest way.

Please never boo. I was so pissed off at halftime but could not believe people booing. Wtf!

Not City fans in my eyes given the success we have been served in recent years!
I'm in West Stand Level 3, and there was definitely no booing from up there at HT.

Everyone just made a dive for the bar!

It was a smattering of frustrated boos from a small minority of fans which the media have hyped up in their usual dishonest way.
To be expected now, the twats.

That said, my post was about the comments about the booing (to whatever degree) being “warranted”. And I standby my thoughts on that as someone that desperately wants to be at any match and feels incredibly fortunate to be a fan in this golden era for the club.

There are a lot of what I consider very entitled posts flying about the forum tonight, saying the team and Pep deserved the booing at halftime because of the first half performance and the poor run we have been on.

I can’t believe that some people genuinely think that. Especially those lucky enough to be able to attend matches.
I think most of the booing was for the last two minutes of the half, and the appaling referee jointly.

I was fucking livid about the last two minutes I have to say, but until that point relatively happy with how we'd played apart from our finishing.

The second half was mostly a delight to watch for me, it looked like we were "back".

I've said in another thread this is a very unusual season, due to the WC, some have had mid season holiday (even some that were at the WC), others have played through the WC, one even went and won it, whilst others had very disappointing (teamd and personally) WC.

The emotions amongst our group must be all over the place, and yet they are expected to just come back and "perform" for us, I think we need to cut them slack to be honest, I think they'll all get back to performing as we expect.

I do think some are also probably past "coming back" mentally, though I hope I'm wrong on that.

Didn't boo. Didn't think we played bad but definitely lacked edge and then made a slip up of Typical City and Cityitis fame. Compounded by shock and woe to give a second. Was weird to hear the boos but could only assume they were at the referee.

The team came out from the blocks though. I don't think anyone will complain at that. Maybe a few in the stand need to be booed at. Seeing so many people playing phone games, deep in social media and video calls makes me question why they came in the first place. I get that sometimes things are pressing and emergencies but it's obvious that the obvious is obvious. And... people who berate KDB, Foden and Bernardo not starting... for the whole first half... and the second... until we're winning and then it's flowery gardens and praise. Calm down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.