How Lucky We Are, Especially Fans That Can Attend Matches

There are a lot of what I consider very entitled posts flying about the forum tonight, saying the team and Pep deserved the booing at halftime because of the first half performance and the poor run we have been on.

I can’t believe that some people genuinely think that. Especially those lucky enough to be able to attend matches.

I can’t go any more. I live in the US now, but even when I eventually move back I won’t be able to attend, and that kills me every time I think about it. Those that can go are incredibly fortunate, regardless of whether the performance is amazing. I know it’s expensive, the club could improve a lot about the matchday experience (and ticketing system), and it gets more difficult for the midweek matches. I know what that is like—did it for years before we moved abroad. But I would give anything to be able to deal with that shite again.

You really don’t know what you have until it’s gone.

At halftime I said I wasn’t angry but numb, because I was more angry with the ref than anything, and was worried we didn’t have the fight to come back right now, especially with the suspect officiating and the fan reaction at the halftime whistle. Things don’t seem the same as last season in many ways. But the players proved me wrong and we stormed back.

And, beyond all of that, how did some of the people booing make it through the pre-takeover days? It must have been torturous! Or are the ones booing primarily fans that only started following us recently and so have no sense of perspective?

We’re fucking second in the league with 19 games to play (including two against the current leaders), qualified for the knockout stages of the CL with games left, and on to the next round of the FA Cup. We’ve won 4 of the last 5 league titles.

And being in a relatively short bad spell has people booing the team?

Even if none of that is true, we are fucking Manchester City, not the Rags or the Dippers.

I sometimes don’t know who we are anymore based on various comments on here and social media (from people I know are genuine blues).

I genuinely hope most of the booing was at the ref not the team and the comments from a few tonight are a malcontent minority. And, if that is the case, how about we make it clear the ref is a wanker rather than ambiguously booing as the players walk off the pitch.

We are getting regularly fucked over by officials, opposition teams are constantly playing brutal anti-football, and things outside of football are increasingly more difficult. We need to come together, back eachother, and back the team, regardless of the results.

FWIW, I thought Pep was absolutely right in his post-match interview and I hope everyone—players, staff, management, fans—take it as the rallying cry it was.

/rant
One of the best posts I’ve seen in the last 24hrs. Completely agree with everything.

Yes there were some boos at half time but I’m never sure if it’s aimed at the team or the officials when it happens. Likely a mix of both last night because that fella in the middle was shite.

However, at the start of the second half, before we scored, with a smattering of empty seats around me (as expected for a re-arranged game), there felt like a soar of energy around the ground. It was much louder than normal for the start of a second half as people return to their seats, a real siege mentality I guess. Probably didn’t come across on TV but it lasted pretty much 49 minutes.

"how did some of the people booing make it through the pre-takeover days?"
I didn't agree with the booing either and certainly didn't join it but expectations are higher these days and so should the performances. Also, don't delude yourself we didn't boo back then! Do you think we all just stayed quiet when Stuart Pearce's team failed to score for 5 months!?

Or are the ones booing primarily fans that only started following us recently and so have no sense of perspective?
As a Blue you can't believe the Jonny come lately/tourist narrative surely?

To be expected now, the twats.

That said, my post was about the comments about the booing (to whatever degree) being “warranted”. And I standby my thoughts on that as someone that desperately wants to be at any match and feels incredibly fortunate to be a fan in this golden era for the club.
Didn’t even hear boos in block 308. Shipping two goals in two minutes probably riled a few plus the shit ref. Pep, as usual, swallowed the bait. The Spurs fans were silent. As quiet as any I have seen this season. We really do live in an era of fake news. I know what I saw in the ground last night. The atmosphere was great in the second half whatever the liars in the media say.

Didn’t even hear boos in block 308. Shipping two goals in two minutes probably riled a few plus the shit ref. Pep, as usual, swallowed the bait. The Spurs fans were silent. As quiet as any I have seen this season. We really do live in an era of fake news. I know what I saw in the ground last night. The atmosphere was great in the second half whatever the liars in the media say.
They weren't silent, they just have a long pause between the words of their only song.

"Ohhhhhh ... ... ..."

(10 mins later)

"... ... whheennnn thheee ..... "

Like I said, not doubting your observation. My rant was about the blues saying the booing was “warranted”, regardless of whether it happened to the extent presented on broadcast. That is the main point of my rant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.