How Lucky We Are, Especially Fans That Can Attend Matches

We are getting regularly fucked over by officials, opposition teams are constantly playing brutal anti-football, and things outside of football are increasingly more difficult. We need to come together, back eachother, and back the team, regardless of the results.
Its so obvious. Never really commented on over here by our media, but that's not a surprise. Has this been picked up in the States mate?

"how did some of the people booing make it through the pre-takeover days?"
I didn't agree with the booing either and certainly didn't join it but expectations are higher these days and so should the performances. Also, don't delude yourself we didn't boo back then! Do you think we all just stayed quiet when Stuart Pearce's team failed to score for 5 months!?

Or are the ones booing primarily fans that only started following us recently and so have no sense of perspective?
As a Blue you can't believe the Jonny come lately/tourist narrative surely?
I talked about this in my post, mate. I know there was booing back in the darker days, though, I never did it. But that is partly my point: we’re now booing the team based on a relative short bad run in the midst of the best football the club has seen in decades (arguably ever). It smacks of raggish entitlement. It’s one thing to think the team isn’t playing to the lofty standards they have set, it’s entirely another to boo them off the pitch because of a few games of it.

And I stand by my comment that you don’t know what you have until it is gone. I think some are in for a rude awakening when Pep leaves, especially if the fans are the ones that drive him out.

And my question about whether some fans just lack perspective is a timely one in my opinion.

Again, from the view of someone that used to go to every game he could, and now can’t even if I lived walking distance of the CFA, I wanted to remind everyone of how lucky they are if they are able to go at all.

It’s so obvious. Never really commented on over here by our media, but that's not a surprise. Has this been picked up in the States mate?
It’s hard for me to say if it has been now, as I am quite isolated these days. I’m essentially confined to my home and can only go off what is said on the US broadcast coverage, which I think hints at it here and there, but never comes out and says we seem to get very strict officiating compared to our opposition (to put it mildly).

Then again, they have the same incentives not to rock the boat as the media at home, so I doubt they will ever go that far.

I will say the NBC pundits and analyst are far quicker to point out inconsistencies and poor decisions, though. They almost universally thought Fernandes’ goal should not have been given and last night thought the Ricarlison handball should have been a penalty, going so far as to say they didn’t know what the offside or handball rules were anymore.

Too bad the powers that be could care less about US scrutiny.

I am quite isolated these days. I’m essentially confined to my home and can only go off what is said on the US broadcast coverage,
I'm really sorry to hear that mate.
Too bad the powers that be could care less about US scrutiny.
They are not bothered about any scrutiny as they know the media here will help them present whatever narrative they deem fit.

I do think the club could do more. They could turn a searchlight on this which might be enough to tone it down. I genuinely worry if we are in a tight fight with Arsenal we will get screwed over by them at the death.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.