How Lucky We Are, Especially Fans That Can Attend Matches

The only home game I’d pay £70 to watch is the derby. Lucky to be a season ticket holder since MR. But there isn’t a chance in hell I would pay £70 for a match ticket at the Etihad for any other PL match, not even Liverpool.

I still remember paying £60 for PL away tickets before away tickets were reduced to £30. If away tickets went back up again to £60 I’d stop going to away games. Coach prices have gone through the roof. So has beer and food prices. You’d have no or little change left from £100 for an away game if away tickets were £60 again. Hopefully away tickets will remain at £30 for good? Or for as long as I’m able to go to away games. 55 years old.

The only home game I’d pay £70 to watch is the derby. Lucky to be a season ticket holder since MR. But there isn’t a chance in hell I would pay £70 for a match ticket at the Etihad for any other PL match. Not even Liverpool.

I still remember paying £60 for PL away ticket before away tickets were reduced to £30. If away tickets went back up again to £60 I’d stop going to the away games. Coach prices have gone through the roof. So has beer and food prices. You’d no change for No or little change from £100 for an away game if away tickets were £60 again. Hopefully away tickets will remain at £30 for good? Or for as long as I’m able to go to away games. 55 years old.

What I find incredulous is even when the PL clubs get a big pay day and there is that much money sloshing about in it clubs still try and fleece their fans/supporters/customers in the most cynical ways.

What I find incredulous is even when the PL clubs get a big pay day and there is that much money sloshing about in it clubs still try and fleece their fans/supporters/customers in the most cynical ways.
Genuine question: do you really think City—of all clubs in the league—are fleecing supporters?

You make good points and having lived in North America myself for many years and seen the costs of attending pro-sport over there, I think Premier League football here, particularly City, is great value. Admittedly I only pay just over £20 a game. If I had to pay nearly £70, which was the price for the Spurs game I might have to think twice about it.
If people think City season/match ticket value is bad, wait until they hear about Personal Seat Licenses (for games being played in stadiums almost entirely constructed with local and state tax money).

NFL fans pay three times for their tickets.

Imagine being an Everton (or Liverpool) fan doing that.

If you go to Ian Cheesman's blog below and scroll to 11.01 you can see the players trudging off at half time but you can't hear any boos. It confirms what I thought in the stadium there were just a few isolated frustrated boos aimed at the referee. But the media have spun it into an anti-City hatefest and Pep was daft enough to be taken in. The story has been running for 24 hours on all channels.It is just another example of the way the English media distorts and twists the facts.

I checked it on sky recording. It was for 5 seconds only and bang on the h/t whistle. Cheeseman clip is just after.

I watched the last 10 mins of the 1st half and there was clear booing aimed at the ref 4 or 5 times - a couple of "fouls" by Gundogan, the Haaland penalty shout and time-wasting by Lloris with 30-35 seconds to take a goal-kick.

Genuine question: do you really think City—of all clubs in the league—are fleecing supporters?

Genuinely I think they are mate, the prices are ridiculous. Now granted some supporters can afford it but look at who they are pricing out? It's football, and as I said the PL is crawling with money and clubs including ours can do at LOT more to make it affordable.

I checked it on sky recording. It was for 5 seconds only and bang on the h/t whistle. Cheeseman clip is just after.

I watched the last 10 mins of the 1st half and there was clear booing aimed at the ref 4 or 5 times - a couple of "fouls" by Gundogan, the Haaland penalty shout and time-wasting by Lloris with 30-35 seconds to take a goal-kick.
This is where we as fans need to do better, as I said in my post. Players who are already upset with themselves are going to interpret booing as directed at them (Mahrez may not have heard it but he could easily also just be playing off like he didn’t to avoid being pulled in to the narrative the media want to create). We should be singing “Ref you’re a wanker” if that is what we are upset about, so there is no mistake about where the displeasure is being directed.

We’re moaning about the media and the anti-City bias and then blindly doing things that play right in to it.

And beyond all that, my post is about those who thought the booing was of the players (or said the did boo the players) was warranted, not what the booing was mostly about.

Yes. More like a groan than boos. I notice on TV today the LFC fans were slagging their own players, notably Milner and Keita. The Chelsea fans were singing the library song. The Etihad is no different to any other PL ground.

Genuinely I think they are mate, the prices are ridiculous. Now granted some supporters can afford it but look at who they are pricing out? It's football, and as I said the PL is crawling with money and clubs including ours can do at LOT more to make it affordable.
I agree that the league can do a lot more to make it affordable. And even City could.

But our club is a business in the end, one that has been substantially subsidised for more than a decade to allow us to reach the heights we are now at, and it needs to be able to be sustainable, which includes match revenue (even though it is a relatively small portion of turnover, it has contributed to us turning a profit).

I think a lot of fans want all of the success of the last decade or so, which unfortunately in modern football costs a lot of money (especially the last year or two, which isn’t likely to change any time soon), but want us to operate like we’re still 90s City.

And we tend to forget there is a strong argument to be made that we may have gotten the best value-for-money of any club in England ever over the past decade.

How much do you think tickets would cost if the club priced them to get back the vast amounts our owners have put in to the club since taking over?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.