how many games next season for people

fathellensbellend

with the spiralling cost of tickets home and away, and obviously the more expensive champions league what is everyone planning on doing next year.

having been someone who likes to go to every game possible, next season is a real crossroads for me, our season tickets have risen by 240 quid, and away matches are getting crazy, especially in london.

our group have decided to sack the early rounds of the league cup, especially after last season, and away games which are on sky will now by and large be watched at home.

if all our tickets rise in the same fashion next season, then i can see our days of watching city soon coming to an end.

the cost of football for a family is getting beyond control.

fathellensbellend said:
with the spiralling cost of tickets home and away, and obviously the more expensive champions league what is everyone planning on doing next year.

having been someone who likes to go to every game possible, next season is a real crossroads for me, our season tickets have risen by 240 quid, and away matches are getting crazy, especially in london.

our group have decided to sack the early rounds of the league cup, especially after last season, and away games which are on sky will now by and large be watched at home.

if all our tickets rise in the same fashion next season, then i can see our days of watching city soon coming to an end.

how many are in your group?
I thought season tickets hadnt gone up that much (mine was up £10), but I do agree that london tickets are getting stupid (but as I live down here I will still go because no travel costs)

pirate said:
fathellensbellend said:

how many are in your group?
I thought season tickets hadnt gone up that much (mine was up £10), but I do agree that london tickets are getting stupid (but as I live down here I will still go because no travel costs)

i pay for 2 adults and 1 junior, in cb3 the adults have gone up 95 pounds each with platinum and the junior 50 quid, in effect paying an extra 240 quid to make a backward step, being overtaken by superbia members.

cannot say i enjoyed chelsea away this season just gone 52 pounds for a seat fit for a midget and a view at pitch level blocked by stewards, not sure if i can be arsed to keep paying it.

i think my time of following city on a regular basis is very much coming to an end, for me, it's an all or nothing experience, but being priced out of key away games, will diminish my enthusiasm.

i was just reading a book about brian clough, in 1977, average player wages were 135 pounds, man on the street got 70 pounds, and the admission was on average 2.20. in effect it was a 35th of a mans wages to watch a football match, now it is approaching a a 6th/7th.

we travel to watch city, it is 60 quid in petrol, a fiver to park, and thats before we have eaten.

city has always been in our family, passed down, even if we are not locals, i am not convinced we will be able to afford to keep up the tradition, the cost of living and the spiralling cost of going, will soon mean we will have to step aside for the new richer fans.

fathellensbellend said:

Do you drink or smoke? If so think about this..packet of fags is what a fiver? instead of smoking put the money away for tickets..same with boozing...put that last pint in a money box and watch how quickly your pot grows!!!

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
fathellensbellend said:

Do you drink or smoke? If so think about this..packet of fags is what a fiver? instead of smoking put the money away for tickets..same with boozing...put that last pint in a money box and watch how quickly your pot grows!!!

dont drink or smoke, work my tits off in the summer to afford to watch city home and away, the family and mates come to home games, away games just mates.

when you think that qpr could be 60 quid next year, chelsea similar, tottenham arsenal and fulham all getting beyond 50 quid, utd and liverpool similar.

the midlands are all around 40 quid, in fact there won't be many under apart from bolton, sunderland and wigan.

where is the game heading, when will we see 100 pound tickets, everyone has a cut off point we are fast approaching ours, i have said it many times, but i have always found the cash, not sure we can for too much longer.

Not a fan of London aways, will go to a few but you're having a laugh with Chelsea and Arsenal. Went to about 40 matches last season, maybe 45-50 next season (depending on how far we get in cups obviously)

when you think that qpr could be 60 quid next year, chelsea similar, tottenham arsenal and fulham all getting beyond 50 quid, utd and liverpool similar.

the midlands are all around 40 quid, in fact there won't be many under apart from bolton, sunderland and wigan.

completley agree with you mate Im struggling to afford to go to many games, dont have a season ticket and the cost of going home games is just ridiculous now for the big games £48 quid for a ticket agaisnt chelsea, I refuse to pay that

Level 1 East stand where my season ticket is is the most expensive standard ticket but works out to less than £29 per home game. Standard package in the South stand is less than £24 per home game. Not exactly a kings ransom and then there are the ST cards where you are given no choice of where your seat is and that is down at less than £15 per game. It is more expensive when a family is concerned but when you were a single item and you fancied a pork pie and a cup of tea for yourself it probably cost you a fiver, married with 2 kids your pie and cuppa now costs you 20 quid thats the price of being a family. Its life. Don't go to the games, don't moan when you cannot get tickets to the big matches.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.