How many more people will now become City fans?

In 1999 Utd’s average home attendance was similar to ours now. They expanded afterwards. So that tells you really, if we carry on, expect the Etihad to hold 80k in 10 years.

Im certainly seeing many more young City fans now. I genuinely believe City fans are more passionate about football than Utd fans, it tends to be more of a big family thing passing down. I had no choice in supporting City as a kid and my family didn’t either. When I was younger in the lower divisions, the main reason for supporting City and going to games was because you were following in the footsteps of your family. Whereas now, for young kids, it’s a chance to see superstar football.

There’s roughly 17,000 babies born each week in the UK. If you guess that maybe about half of them will grow up to be football fans, then about 8,500 children per week just in this country are deciding which team to support. And the vast majority of them will still be supporting that team the day they die.

Plus, the area you’re born in seems to be growing less relevant each passing year.

I wouldn’t even like to guess how many of them are choosing City each week. But I think you can say with some certainty that it will be a higher number than at any other point in history.
I have no idea how many people are dying each week but statistically they have got to be mostly rags and dippers, which is also good news.

Bit of advice needed please. Renewed my Cityzen card last night, but I want to gift my grandson one as a surprise. Set him an account up and added it to mine, but when I tried to buy one for him, it said I couldn’t as only my name was there. Help!!

Bit of advice needed please. Renewed my Cityzen card last night, but I want to gift my grandson one as a surprise. Set him an account up and added it to mine, but when I tried to buy one for him, it said I couldn’t as only my name was there. Help!!

I think every member, even children, need a unique email address these days. So will probably have to register from a different email than yours.

We're in the big league now, in every sense ... so short answer is "Yes, loads of new fans, and 'tourist' or 'collector' fans first choice" !!

In 1999 Utd’s average home attendance was similar to ours now. They expanded afterwards. So that tells you really, if we carry on, expect the Etihad to hold 80k in 10 years.

Im certainly seeing many more young City fans now. I genuinely believe City fans are more passionate about football than Utd fans, it tends to be more of a big family thing passing down. I had no choice in supporting City as a kid and my family didn’t either. When I was younger in the lower divisions, the main reason for supporting City and going to games was because you were following in the footsteps of your family. Whereas now, for young kids, it’s a chance to see superstar football.
I saw some very interesting ‘concept’ drawings last night.

They showed the west and east stands expanded out to envelop the spirals with a fourth tier added above.

On the face of it they appear practical and would create a capacity of 85000.

This is interesting in light of the long term (30/35 years) draft plan to build and new stadium on the huge site that houses the CFA.

Don’t shoot the messenger !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.