How many more people will now become City fans?

I was in Seville in March, and there was a Spanish primary school group visiting, one kid with a City shirt (no name on the back). In El Gouna, Egypt last week another kid with a City shirt. This would have been unthinkable just 5 years ago. Kids all over the world are starting to support us.

Linking to the Media Thread, some of these kids will be football journalists in 20 years' time!

I was in Seville in March, and there was a Spanish primary school group visiting, one kid with a City shirt (no name on the back). In El Gouna, Egypt last week another kid with a City shirt. This would have been unthinkable just 5 years ago. Kids all over the world are starting to support us.

Linking to the Media Thread, some of these kids will be football journalists in 20 years' time!

Probably right here. I worked with kids in Canada in 2016 and remember being really shocked when one kid had the 14/15 purple and yellow away shirt. Lovely kid and not ashamed to say he got preferential treatment and extra food etc. for being a City fan. Often think about how some of those kids are getting on, scarily he will be about 21 now and hopefully a massive blue these days after our conversations.

As long as we keep winning and getting titles the fans will add in their thousands by the year but sadly most modern fans are fickle and would drop us like a stone if and when the trophies dry up.

But the above applies to all clubs now as we have seen with the raggys.

Probably right here. I worked with kids in Canada in 2016 and remember being really shocked when one kid had the 14/15 purple and yellow away shirt. Lovely kid and not ashamed to say he got preferential treatment and extra food etc. for being a City fan. Often think about how some of those kids are getting on, scarily he will be about 21 now and hopefully a massive blue these days after our conversations.
Scandalous. If the local PTA ever hears about this, you'll end up herding moose in the Yukon.

;-)

In the mid 90s there were kids on TV in Australia wearing Blackburn Rovers shirts.

I doubt these shirt buyers are fans, it is just who is popular at the time.

It's worth mentioning that these days wearing a shirt doesn't even make you a fan, for British kids. They will regularly have multiple shirts: one for their local club, one for a premier league club and more for foreign teams. These used to all be BArcelona but now you see PSG and Bayern amongst others. I strongly suspect it's the same abroad.

In the mid 90s there were kids on TV in Australia wearing Blackburn Rovers shirts.

I doubt these shirt buyers are fans, it is just who is popular at the time.
Around the time that Keane was the manager at Sunderland, there was an explosion of Mackems shirts out and about. Don't see too many of them nowadays.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.