How many more people will now become City fans?

At least i'm not a glory supporter since I started following City before the treble

Our support is snowballing and there are far more of our shirts/colours being worn , the Champs league will also bring thousands more fans , the thing we used to despise the Rags for , i.e. attracting gloryhunters is now becoming a reality for our club , which is only to be expected with our domination of not just english football but also europe.
We used to have a hardcore 30k support that would watch any old shite in any conditions , now we are the most successful,professional run club in the world playing the most sublime football on the planet , what isnt there to like.
But for a few of us getting stuffed by Halifax Town in the FA Cup 3rd round , getting piss wet through standing on a mud tip will always keep us grounded , the good old days eh ? :)
(Not forgetting York away , would like to day i was there , but i jibbed the game and went on the piss around York instead)

City ‘shirts’ have been emerging in Yaaarksherrr for several years now.

Touring the dales this week and shirts in tiny villages,hamlets,tea shops and pubs.

Additionally, the conversation now is about City being the best in the WORLD....Manchester,England,Britain, Europe is passé....it’s the WORLD !!

Fuck me, Wycombe doubled us not so long ago !!
There always been city fans in yorkshire, but its like rag central in some places

Our support is snowballing and there are far more of our shirts/colours being worn , the Champs league will also bring thousands more fans , the thing we used to despise the Rags for , i.e. attracting gloryhunters is now becoming a reality for our club , which is only to be expected with our domination of not just english football but also europe.
We used to have a hardcore 30k support that would watch any old shite in any conditions , now we are the most successful,professional run club in the world playing the most sublime football on the planet , what isnt there to like.
But for a few of us getting stuffed by Halifax Town in the FA Cup 3rd round , getting piss wet through standing on a mud tip will always keep us grounded , the good old days eh ? :)
(Not forgetting York away , would like to day i was there , but i jibbed the game and went on the piss around York instead)
that was a horrible day that, mud heap of a pitch and it was a dump watching it standing up, at least a city fan took the ball home

As a legacy fan it was always nice in the dark old days bumping into other City fans, knowing they have followed a similar journey of misery as you, sharing a common kinship but knowing you all shared a love for something despite all its failings, eccentricities which in some ways made it feel more special. Like wearing a badge of honour.

Nowadays shirts are so common across all parts of the country and many see the club very differently to how I do or the reasons for supporting it.

Things change and the newer fans will be the ones who will help the club fill out the stadium, along with the legacy fans, when success starts to wane and keep us established at the top. We have seen it at Old Trafford, although many have fallen away, due to their volume of support, others have filled the gaps in the ground.

For the benefit of the club and its future, its so important to have this next generation of fans, so they get a very warm welcome from me.

It is what it is and inevitable that we attract new fans if it makes us bigger then the red shirts then great, those of us long standing blues know who we are and can sit or stand at a game with a smug look our face knowing that we've seen it all.

What are we going to do when all the southerners support City and pretend their Dad's were born/lived/can find it on a map.

Been on holiday this week. Spent a couple of days in London. Spotted foreign tourist kids in the treble kit, the current black and red away kit and the fruit salad kit. Makes me smile. City seem to be outnumbering all other kits put together in tourist destinations at the moment

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.