How many more people will now become City fans?

In Ireland it's still united and Liverpool who have the remote controls in the bars but I'd say amongst kids it's easily 40% City these days.
Wow where abouts southern ire? Was in Belfast recently weren’t too many there!

I am currently in Orlando, Florida and I am seeing Haaland city shirts for sale and been worn. The thing that really gets me is whenever I tell Americans where I am from their reaction is “a great sports city” or “Manchester City and United”, that is their first thoughts. That is in contrast to a conversation I had with a couple around Maine Road pre-match 30 years ago when the American lady (in all honesty) said that Americans had heard of Manchester United, but had never heard of Manchester City”.

It really feels like we are witnessing the development of a major global big football club. I wouldn’t change the journey we have been on for the world but you have to wonder if we had the right backing and chairman (not Swales!) decades ago we would have already have been there a long time.

All the kids I see with Haaland jerseys on in the US make me want to chuck a brick at them. I asked one kid a few week sago- "so what's Haaland's first name" - kids said "Sterling, right?"

FFS

In Ireland it's still united and Liverpool who have the remote controls in the bars but I'd say amongst kids it's easily 40% City these days.
Give it another 10 years… we’ll probably have a CFG Irish club… heh

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.