How many more people will now become City fans?

Having the event in Saudi gave the locals a chance to see players they would never usually get to see.

Jeddah population is close to 4m. A high proportion I expect will follow the club in some way after the win. We had a City carrier bag and a young fan asked could he have it. They are fanatical and wanted a photo of anything City related or to talk about the team.

The locals genuinely wanted to see City win.

Having the event in Saudi gave the locals a chance to see players they would never usually get to see.

Jeddah population is close to 4m. A high proportion I expect will follow the club in some way after the win. We had a City carrier bag and a young fan asked could he have it. They are fanatical and wanted a photo of anything City related or to talk about the team.

The locals genuinely wanted to see City win.

The club want as many day-trippers as possible to visit the ground have a match experience and spend a fortune in the club shop.

They must hate people like me. The only thing I ever buy are air fresheners for my truck.
Still got one unopened in the glove box.

I dodge everything, always hold the wife's hand too in case she tries to get her purse out to buy the grandkids anything.

Love city hate the corporate hard sell. Is your air freshener any good though :)

Just as a point of reference, I walked in to The Queens Pantry in Marietta, Georgia yesterday, a British shop owned by a Liverpool supporting couple. AND, they had one of these for sale !

We really have global appeal now …

0cb6db03a5a1d92520cc67eeaf66bf5c.png

Town next to us has a large Asian contingent and I see lots of little kids with City shirts on these days, hardly any rag shirts. This is a massive change from 10 years ago. Almost a cultural change.
It's great that as we get greater, the rags get less great thanks to their own stupidity and inadequate dealings/leadership.

It's beginning to be like an episode of Trading Places :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.